Chapter 9: Grale

Ashton Grale Buenavista

Grale bore his gaze on Majarlika. He was intrigued with the emotions stirring in those remarkable hazel eyes. 

Nabanggit ng dalaga na pinanood nito ang mga palabas niya. He has had done a total of nine movies for the past two years. And one almost have at least two hours duration. Marahil iyon din ang may sala sa pagkakaroon nito ng mapungay na mga mata ngayon. 

She stayed the whole fucking night watching his fucking movies just because she got curious, not with love but with the pain that comes along with loving.

This girl and her unpredictable thinking.

"Grale?" She blinked her eyes on him. "Ba't di ka na gumagalaw?"

No matter how Grale delved into her eyes, he can't trace anything, but innocence and kindness, the one that is real and natural. 

Grale sat up straight as he threw the question, "Masokista ka ba?"

Her hazel eyes blinked several times before letting out a soft laugh, throwing her back on her chair. Napatakip pa ito sa bibig dahil sa hindi napigilang tawa. 

Grale only gaped at her as she enjoys making fun of his statement. 

When her laughter subsided, that's when Grale spoke again, "What? Ubos na yung tawa mo?"

"Bakit mo naman kasi naisip na masokista ako?" Majarlika gave him a wider smile.

"Because most of the girls I know commonly talk about love and only how wonderful it is to feel romance, and be swept off by their feet. And here you are romanticising the idea of pain in loving. Masokista ka, Majarlika."

"Hey! I wasn't romanticizing the idea of pain, okay. Curious lang naman ako," she shrugged.

Grale pulled his chair closer and then clasped his fingers above the table. "All right then. Tell me what makes you curious. I'll try my best to give you a senseful answer."

"Hindi ba parang ang personal na no'n?" The lady asked, tucking several hairs behind her right ear.

"I'm a public figure, Majarlika. Nothing is already too personal in my everyday life," he answered.

For a moment there, Grale traced how Majarlika's gaze softened. Sympathizing. 

He smiled at her. "Don't feel bad. Sanay na ako."

But the lady shook her head. "Hindi na lang ako magtatanong."

"You're feeling bad for me, aren't you?" He asked, smirking.

"Hindi naman sa ganoon. I just feel like things these days are already harder for you."

Grale's chest was caressed with what she said. She can sense it. She can see through him. This lady in front of her can trace his hidden feelings. 

A small smile appeared on his lips. "I'm okay, Majarlika. No pretension."

Her soft gaze bore on him as a smile slowly drew her lips. It almost took away Grale's breath. 

"I promise I'll be careful with my questions. But if you feel like not answering it, don't. Sabihin mo kaagad sa akin if I'm crossing the line. Huwag mong pilitin yung sarili mong sagutin ako."

"Bakit? Nanliligaw ka na ba?"

"Feeling ka rin talaga, no?" The lady said softly, squinting her eyes on him.

"It's my charm," he winked at her and Majarlika just shook her head, smiling.

"But on a serious note, don't force yourself, okay. Ayos lang talaga kung hindi mo ako sasagutin."