Chapter 17! :)

(A/N): Haven't updated in a while! Sorry, I have about four other stories I'm trying to keep up with.. D: I don't like putting things on hold.. So I just update as much as I can! I have to balance school with five stories. I know, holy crap. It's alot to deal with. So bare with me, please! :) Continue reading, lovlies! :)

-Emily.<3

__________________________________________________________________________

*Liam's P.O.V*

Who does that to a girl? Honestly? That's plain ignorance. He toys with girls hearts to no end. I would never do that. Oh yeah, I'm single. Dani and I decided it was to hard to keep up with a long distance relationship. As much as it kills me, you know the saying; 'If you love something, set it free. If it doesn't come back, it was never yours to start with.' I think in the near future we'll most likely be back together.

I look over at Emily and she's laying on her bed, staring at the ceiling. She looks conceived in thought, like she's letting her mind wonder far beyond here. I try to read her expression, but it's blank. No emotion what-so-ever. Out of curiosity, I ask, "Penny for your thoughts?" That's enough to snap her out of her endless daze. She looks over at me, shrugs, and says, "Just thinking. About anything and everything. Getting paranoid over nothing." She chuckles at the last part, but I can tell something is wrong. Her eyes are filled with worry. "Paranoid over what?" I ask. "I'm just wondering, what if one of those men, that have adopted me before, come back for me? What if we don't go back to the other lads? I'm basically thinking about how guilty I feel. I'm practically breaking you guys apart, for gods sake!" She says, groaning in frustration.

Wow, she's over thinking everything. No wonder she looks so stressed. I shudder at the thought of one of those men hurting my Emily. They won't though. I hope. It angers me to even think that they might have hurt her. "What did your dad and those men do to you?" The words slip out of my mouth like butter, before I can catch them. She stiffens at the thought. I hear her gulp before she asks, "I'll tell you, but promise not to tell anyone else, ok?" I nod and she continues, "Uh, t-they.. b-beat me.. Also," -she chokes on a sob before continuing.- "- they w-would rape me.." -She wipes the access tears, clears her throat, and sniffles.- "My dad basically went crazy and killed my mother. I had to watch as well. After that, it was just me. He, Uh, took my virginity at seven. From that day, he started sexually abusing me, along with the beatings I already had. You never really process the idea of your father doing things like that to you. So it stays perfectly clear in your head. Anyway, I watched him kill himself. When the other men would adopt me, they would start it too. They would always get arrested, but I know they're looking for me now. They'll never stop. They haunt my nightmares and appear in my flashbacks. Even if they aren't here physically, they'll always be with me mentally." She says, full on sobbing.

I didn't expect her to open up that much. It angers me that they would even do that. You first kill the girls mother, beat her, and then you take her innocence. That's messed up. As long as I have a say in it, no man, and I mean NO MAN, will hurt her ever again. That's a promise and guarantee. "Come here, love." I say and she walks over to me. I pull her on my lap and let her cry on my shoulder. "Sshh, calm down. I promise, no man will ever hurt you while I'm here. Sshh.." I coo. I hold the broke, fragile girl in my arms as she sobs to no end.

*Emily's P.O.V*

It feels so good to get everything off my chest. It's like a massive weight was lifted off my shoulders after I was done. You know that amazing feeling when you can just get everything off your chest? When you tell someone what has been holding you back for years? Yeah, that's how it felt. It wasn't easy saying it, but it was surely worth while. I've never felt so open to someone and it feels outstanding. It's like he gets me, understands me, and in the end, he won't judge me. I guess that's what 'true' fathers do.

I lean up out of Liam's chest, wipe my eyes, sniffle, and clear my throat. I look up in his soft, mesmerizing eyes and ask, "Will we go back?" His eyes get filled with mixed emotions. Anger, sadness, and confusion. "Forget I asked.." I mumble, before going to the bathroom. I don't even know why I asked. That's honestly the least of my worries right now. Ever since the whole 'flashback' thing started, it's really made me think hard about what can happen. What if they come back? By they, I mean, Jack, Mike, and Robert. My adopted 'fathers'. Which was complete bullshit! They would beat and rape me. Not the first ones though. My father beat them too it.

It's pretty screwed up to say your father stole your innocence, right? It's degrading and disgusting. Especially if he did it to a damn seven year old! He did it to me EVERYDAY from that point on. He literally scarred me for the rest of my life. It's sickening how I can remember it, just like it was yesterday.

~Flashback.~

"Come here, Emily, I won't hurt you. I promise." My drunk father slurs. Lies. He's said that too many times for me to believe him. I usually always approach him, but not today. I've grown tired of his ignorant beatings and nasty remarks. "No."I say sternly. Alot of guts for a seven year old, huh?

He looks taken back at my sudden remark. It's funny how no is simple, yet affective. In my case, it's basically choosing to live or to die. Which ever one I choose, has the same out come in the end; a beating. It's basically saying, 'Do you want it bad or worse?' Me being the smart ass I am, decides to be gutsy today and say worse. Big mistake.

His eyes fill with rage and full on anger. That vain on his forehead pops in a bright purple. His fist are balled up, close to white. Today I'm going to get it bad. "Did you just say no? You're such a little whore. I'm just going to have to give you the punishment for a whore." He spats, approaching me.

I let out a shaky breathe. I have a feeling this is going to be much worse than I bargained for. His body language shows one story, while his eyes say another. His body has rage drenched over it, and his eyes show dommince with lust. This is going way too far, but for him, it's always just enough.

He lifts me by my hair, earning an ear piercing scream. That doesn't stop him. I have a feeling nothing will. It only causes the grip to tighten and him to say, "Shut up, you useless whore." He drags me up the steps, into his room, and throws me on the bed. I know where this is going.

He ties my arms and legs to the bed, not without me struggling of course. Much to my dismay, he gets his victory. "Now," He starts lingering his lips in my hair down to my ear. I can smell the cheap alcohol on his breathe. "-you can make this easy or hard. Your choice, but we both know, in the end, I get my way." He finishes. My breathe hitches and I'm at a loss for words. This is such a dramatizing experience, I can't believe this is happening.

He gets scissors out of the nightstand drawer and starts cutting my clothes off piece by piece. The tears slip down my face as he does the unimaginable to me. After he is done, he smirks at his doings. Then, he starts. He trails his big, rough hands up and down my body. Touching ever-

~End Of Flashback.~

"Em, you ok?" Liam asks through the closed door. No, I'm not. "Yes, I am. I just decided to, Uh, use the the bathroom, wash my face, and brush my teeth." I respond quickly. Liar. "The water isn't running though?" He says. Suspicious lingers off of his words. "I was deciding which face wash to use! You know, only the best for my skin, right?" I say back. "Uh, ok. Just get to bed after you're out." He says slowly. He's on to me, I know it. I say 'ok' before turning on the water to the sink.

I hate lying to him, but I don't want him thinking I'm completely insane. I sigh and look up in the mirror. My long curls are a tangled mess, my cheeks are water stained from crying, my eyeliner stains them as well, my eyes are bloodshot and the blue in them is darker than usual, and my nose looks like rudolphs.

I grunt in frustration as I wash my face. I dry it with a towel and emerge from the bathroom. Liam is already asleep on his bed. I grab a change of clothes and slip into them, careful to make sure Liam doesn't wake. My outfit consist of Blue, mid-thigh shorts with a orange tank top. I hop in bed, thinking about anything and everything. Depression floods over me as I think about today's events and occurrences. This has been one of the longest days I've ever had. I then let sleep do its work.