Chapter 1! :)

~Flashback.~

"You worthless piece of shit! Maybe if you weren't here, your mom would have never left!" My father said with, yet another, fatal kick to my stomach. All I could think was, lies, lies, and lies. He murdered her! I had to sit there and watch! How he got away with it, I'll never know. How he managed to make himself think that she left us, I'll never know that either. Ever since the day he killed her, the abuse never stopped. To make matters worse, I was only five, I'm ten now. Mental, physical, verbal... Sexual.. Everything.

"I'm s-sorry!" I stuttered out, but the kicks kept coming. They have been everyday for five years at this point. I don't cry. That's a weakness, or so I've been told. "Sorry doesn't cut it!" With those words, my father threw me down the two flights of stairs at our Home. I took a fatal tumble and hard fall on the creaky, wooden floors. I'm not dead, but believe me I want to be.

As I lay here, motionless, my drunk father stumbles down the steps, with a gun in hand. I figure it's the end for me, oh well. I'll be with mom, the abuse will stop, and I'll live happily ever after. But he did what I never would have expected, with the words, "I can't take another day looking at your pitiful face! I'm done with you. See you in hell, bitch!" My father rose the gun to his temple and BAM! He was done with. He was gone. A burden was lifted off my shoulders as sunlight beamed into my lifeless home.

~End of flashback.~

Alot for a ten year old to go through, huh? I'm fifteen now though. Let me tell you about myself. For starters, my name is Emily Elizabeth Thompson. I am nobody special, nor will I ever be. I've never been to school before. So I have no friends. I get bullied by the other girls in the home for children I live in. I've been here since I was ten, after I got out of the hospital for what my father did to me.

This place isn't much better. I still get abused by my 'care-taker' Tom. Only physically, mentally, and verbally now. He and my dad are the reason I've never been to school. They didn't/don't want them to see their doings. I'm basically a maid here, and have been since I got here. I've been adopted three times, by men. They always took me back after assaulting me.

Anyway, Ive lost hope on ever being adopted into a nice, caring, loving family. To be honest, I've lost hope on everything. The only hope I get is when I sing. Even then, it doesn't heal my emotional and physical scars. I'm ugly and I know it too. Its all I'm ever called, so it must be true. I have piercing blue/brown eyes that change according to my mood, my dark brown hair is waist length in natural ringlet curls, I'm light skinned, clear complextion, skinny, and I'm 5'3. I haven't said one word since my arrival, AT ALL. I only sing to myself.

Suddenly, the door to the dark, one window with bars, gray room, flies open. I see Tom standing there. He walks up to me and slaps me across the face. I flinch. He then pushes me on the ground kicking me. All the while, girls stand there and smirk at his actions. After he is done with me he yells, "A man will be here in, now, fifteen minutes, looking to adopt a girl aged 13-18! Hurry the hell up!" I pull myself on my bed. Watching the girls scramble around the room trying to look their best. I find it funny that all but one will still be here after the man leaves. I silently laugh, and regret it. My side is killing me.

Soon enough, Tom yells for girls ages 13-18 to come downstairs. I wait for every girl to stumble out the door before dragging myself off my bed. I slowly walk, still in pain from the beating, down the gray dusty hallway, down the spiral staircase. I make my way to the front/main room, where all the girls were lined up. I walk to the end of the line, a step back from the others.

They were screaming at this man with shades and a hoodie on in the doorway. He pulls off the shades and hoodie only for girls to scream louder. I am so confused right now.. He must have saw the confused expression I have because he starts walking towards me. He stops right in front of me and says, "You don't know who I am?" I shake my head no. His voice was quite scary with the accent he has. "What's your name darling?" "Oh, you don't want her!" Tom spoke, "She doesn't talk! She is useless and not worth wasting time on!" It's true, I was. He's so right. The man ignores Toms comment and bends down so he is even faced with me. He speaks, "I'm Liam, Liam Payne. I'm adopting you." I stand here frozen in fear, oh lord.