Chapter 2! :)

"Uh.. are you sure? I mean, look at all these other girls!" Tom asks, pointing to every other girl. Typical. I'm just the runt out of all the girls here. "I'm sure, papers please." Liam said as he faces me, "Please go pack your things Emily." I nod as I watch him walk to Toms office. I dash upstairs. I'm honestly scared senseless right now. He's going to slowly gain my trust and then start the abuse, or just start the abuse right off. I know how it goes. I've seen it and I've lived through it. I just know it. I get a small duffle bag and start packing my very few things.

*Liams' P.O.V*

I walk up to the childrens home and knock on the door. If your wondering what I'm doing, I'm adopting a child because management said it would look go for one direction. The only upsides, it's my pick, and since we're adopting her, we get four months on break.

~Flashback.~

"We think you should adopt child," Josh, our head manager, spoke. "Perferebly a girl aged 13-18." I bet the look on the the lads and I's faces were priceless. As if Louis read all our minds he spoke, "You're joking right? We can barely take care of ourselves much less a child!" We all nod in agreement. Josh says, "We talked to each of your parents. They said it would be a great learning experience! So, its done. After were done here, Liam needs to go the the childrens home down the street and choose the child. We're making him the legal guardian. You other four need to wait in the van. Now scurry along! Shew!" We all said our goodbyes and walked out. Me, a legal guardian? Oh gosh..

~End of flashback.~

A man that looked so mean answered the door. He said, "I'm Tom, care-taker. Come on in!" He held out his hand and I shook it saying, "Liam, my management spoke with you earlier I take?" he nodded and spoke, "Yes they did. Now follow me, so you can look at the girls." I nodded and followed him.

As we walk down a short, creaky hallway, I notice this place has no color. It is so dim, lifeless, and the windows have bars! This place looks horrible! We eventually end up in the front/main room. Girls were going crazy and fan-girling. I roll my eyes. Luckily I'm wearing sunglasses and a hoodie so they can't see. I take off my, so called 'disguise', and the girls only scream louder. Except one girl. A beautiful one I might add. She has a confused expression.

I walk up to the girl and ask, "You don't know who I am?" She shakes her head no. That was mind blowing. Out of curiosity I ask, "What's your name darling?" Tom spoke up and said, "Oh you don't want her! She doesn't talk! she's useless and not worth wasting time on!" Right then, I felt the need to protect her. I look into her blue/brownish eyes and I see sorrow, sadness, but most of all, fragile and brokeness. I know she's the one. I bend down so I'm even faced with her and say, "I'm Liam, Liam Payne, and I'm adopting you." She shuddered at my voice and her eyes widened in shock and fear. Crap.

"Uh.. Are you sure? I mean, look at all these girls!" Tom said pointing at every other girl. This guy sickens me. Literally. I just quickly say, "I'm sure, papers please." I turn to Emily and say, "Please go pack your things Emily." She nods. After I start walking to Toms office, I hear her shuffle up the steps.

I start signing a bunch of papers. I find out her name is Emily Elizabeth Thompson. Pretty name, right? Tom hands me a profile on Emily. He said that she would have to talk about her past. He couldn't say since it envolved the police. I think that's a lame excuse. But whatever. I think it's trust issues. After I sign the last paper, Tom says, "Congrats. She's all yours now. Emily Elizabeth Payne." I smile at the thought of my own daughter.