Chapter 4! :)

I just finished unpacking and I'm making my way downstairs. I keep going, taking in every detail. I finally make it to the first floor, and I walk towards, what I think is the living room. I heard soft whispers so I realize I'm right. I slowly and nervously open the door. Their heads snapped up and all eyes were on me.

I just stand here awkwardly silently. My feet suddenly become an interest of mine. I just look down. After what seemed like hours, Niall spoke up, "You, uh.. Hungry?" I shake my head no. It's true, I'm not. I rarely eat, that's just how I am. I don't have any disorders or anything, it's just, I was never really given alot of food. So I got use to small proportions every so often.

They all look rather surprised. Well then. Liam clears his throat and says "Do you want to go outside Emily?" I don't know, do I? It would be great to listen to birds sing, to see the shining sun, and hear what all nature has to offer. So I simply nod. He smiles and says, "K, come on. I'll go with you."

*Liam's P.O.V*

I got Emily to agree to go outside with me. This is great. Maybe, just maybe, she'll talk. I mean, I am her dad. I start leading her to the back door. When we get outside she looks stunned. I think I even saw her grin, but if you would have blinked, you would have missed it. She walks past me towards the swing set.

*Emily's P.O.V*

Oh my gosh. This.. This is amazing! The way the clouds are perfect cotton balls, the suns shining and I'm absorbing it in my skin, the grass makes soft crunch noises as I walk across it, the birds singing in harmony, the way you hear the breeze sweeping through the trees, and you can see squirrels! I just ever so softly grin. For the first time in a long time. Let me tell you, it feels great. I haven't been outside for so long! It feels like freedom. True freedom.

I make my way to the swings and look at Liam for approval. He nods. I sit down hesitantly. I remember when mom would push me on these as a kid. She was the one who taught me how to swing. All I can remember, is that I loved the feeling. It was effortless, flawless, and I was free. I slowly start rocking back and forth, causing a familiar feeling.

After about 20 minutes of swinging and enjoying nature Liam spoke, "Emily, love, let's get back in. The others are probably waiting on us." I feel slightly disappointed, but I get off anyway. We walk back in and the boys are all sitting just as we left them. Louis says, "LiLi! Emily! Hey you guys!" Liam softly chuckles. I turn towards the door to walk back to my room when Liam stops me, "Where are you going? We just got back in." He looks confused. I just turn back around and go sit on the open chair. I don't want him mad at me. Guilt flashes across Liam's face. "No, Emily. You can go.. It's just, we want to spend time with you.. And all.." He speaks hesitantly. Great! Now I feel bad. I shake my head 'ok' and stay seated.

They all squeal like girls and say, "Yay! She's staying!" Then Niall asks, "Emily, you want to watch a movie?" I nod. I haven't watched one since I was 4. "Paranormal Activity 3 good?" Hmm.. What's that? Oh well, I nod. "Great, now I'll grab me some popcorn! Emily, you can take Louis' spot on the couch. It gives a better view." Niall says. Louis pouts but agrees. I walk over to where he was sitting. It's between Niall and Liam. The movie finally starts.

~2 hours later..~

OMG! OMG! THIS IS THE SCARIEST CRAP IN THE CENTURY OF CRAP! I've been hiding my face in my knees for the past hour. I hate horror movies. They remind me of my past. Scary, abuse, neglect, and more. I've also been crying silently, but know one needs to know that.

The movie finally ends. I look up at the clock *8:30.* they flick on the lights so I quickly bury my head in my knees, trying to hide the fact that I'm crying. "Emily, you ok!?" Liam's voice sounds worried and concerned. I nod. "Look at me." I refuse. "Emily! Look at me!" He sounds frustrated. Now Im froze in fear. Those four words being back so many memories..

~Flashback.~

"You like being burned?" I shake my head no. "Too bad. Look at me!" He yells. I refuse. "EMILY! LOOK AT ME!" Then I get a sudden tingle on my thigh. Then, it starts hurting, soon turning into agonizing pain. You can smell my skin being burned.

"D-D-DAD I-I-I'm S-SORRY!" I say looking up at him. He laughs. Go figure. Then he speaks, his words slow, petrifying, and he knows they scare me. "You will never be anything. You deserve this. You deserve every bad thing coming to you in life. You know it and so do I." The-

~Flashback ends.~

"EMILY! ARE YOU OK!?!? EMILY!" Liam yells shaking me. I flinch at his touch. I realize tears are streaming down my face, Im shaking vigorously, and I'm just sitting here. I nod, wiping my tears. Then Liam says, "I think your just exhausted and scared because of the movie. Just head to bed, ok?" I nod and walk up to my room.

I'm thinking about how this will turn out. They're probably going to take me back. So what? It's happened three times, and it can happen a fourth. I don't care. I realize I have no pajamas. Great. I just throw on a loose t-shirt and sleep in my undies. Oh well. I fall back in the most comfy bed in the world. I instantly fall to sleep. Not without dreams of course.

___________________

(A/N.) HORRIBLE! I know.. The last few chapter were short and bad, but trust me, they get longer and better! This was just a filler.. Sorry! :( I have school so that causes slow updates.. Ew. I'll update tomorrow though! :) *whoot* *whoot*! My names Emily too. Lol. Convenient, yeah? :) I think yes! ;)