Bonus: Childhood Memory

Vi never thought much about her appearance. She has bigger things to worry about like taking care of Powder and making sure everyone is safe. However, ever since Daisy stepped into her life she suddenly started to care about her looks.

Daisy was always so pretty. Vi just wanted to look pretty next to her.

Although Vi hasn't really been able to talk to the girl, choosing to ignore her instead, she still wants to see if she can get the blonde's attention. Plus, for once, Vi wants to do something for herself. Express herself in a way that seems more fitting.

Her hair is longer than Vi wants. It gets in the way and just doesn't feel like the right look for her. Looking back, Vi wishes someone took away the scissors from her before she chopped off the side of her hair.

It was a complete disaster. Now, her hair is choppily cut on one side and long on the other, "Vi, you okay? You've been in there for a while?" Vi hears Vander's voice, "Powder's worried,"

"I-I'm fine, Vander," Vi shouts back in panic.

"You don't sound fine," Vander says, picking up on Vi's tone. Vi lets out a sigh, opening the door and looking up at Vander with an embarrassed look, "You cut your hair,"

"I butchered my hair," Vi says.

"Why?"

"I just... wanted to try something," Vi whispers. Vander looks down at his daughter sympathetically, humming slightly. Before he can say anything else, voices come up the stairs and Powder, Mylo, Claggor, Lincoln and Daisy appear. They stop when they spot Vi looking at them with wide eyes.

Mylo is the first to laugh, "What the hell happened to you?" He asks, clutching his stomach while he laughs while Claggor nudges his shoulder to tell him to shut up.

"It looks like someone put a chainsaw through your hair," Lincoln adds, also laughing. Daisy glares at her brother while Vi starts to go red.

"Screw you all!" Vi says angrily, walking back into the bathroom and slamming the door shut. She slides down against the door as she angrily rubs her hands against her face, "So stupid," She mutters to herself.

"Vi," The pinkette hears Powder's small voice, "It's Powder. Can you open up?" Vi opens the door slightly for Powder to push herself in. The small blue-haired child sits down next to her sister and examines the side.

"It's not that bad," Powder tries to cheer up her sister.

"It's terrible," Vi says, "It's horrible, and Daisy saw," Vi mumbles.

"Daisy? Why would you care if she saw?" Powder asks with a confused tone.

"Just, nothing," Vi doesn't even try to explain as she angrily picks at her bandages, "It's nothing,"

Powder doesn't push her sister any further. She just leans up against her side and rests her head on Vi's shoulder. Vi lets out a smile, wrapping an arm around her little sister and pulling her closer to her side, "Thanks, Pow-pow,"

On the other side of the door, Daisy was pacing slightly. She didn't know how to help the girl since she seemed embarrassed. Her and Vi weren't exactly friends, much to Daisy's dismay. When Daisy hears footsteps, she turns around and furrows her eyebrows at Daisy, "I got this for Vi. Think it can help cheer her up and fix her hair," Vander says to the girl when he spots the blonde. Daisy looks and sees a hair buzzer in his hand.

"Do you think I can try? I'm not sure if she would let me in-"

"She will," Vander smiles down at the girl, "Here, give me a shout if you need any help,"

"Thanks, Vander," Daisy smiles up at the man. Daisy takes a deep breath before walking up to the door and knocking on it, "Uh, Vi? it's Daisy. Can I come in?" Daisy asks softly. She hears shuffling on the other side and slight whispers. Daisy furrows her eyebrows and waits for any type of response. She jumps back slightly when the door opens and Powder looks up at the blonde with a smile.

"Hi Daisy," Powder smiles up at the blonde, "Vi's not available right now,"

"Oh," Daisy sighs, "Are you sure? I have something that can help," Powder closes the door slightly, peeking back at Vi who is standing there with wide eyes as she shakes her head.

"Uh," Powder says, looking between the two girls. Daisy lets out a sigh, pushing the door slightly. Powder doesn't put up much of a fight as the blonde walks into the bathroom.

Daisy looks over at Vi who is standing there with red cheeks. Daisy smiles at the pinkette, "Hey, don't listen to Mylo and Lincoln. I mean have you seen Mylo's eyebrows? It's one pinky width away from a bushy unibrow," Daisy jokes, trying to cheer up the pinkette. Vi smiles only slightly, still avoiding eye contact with the girl, "If you'd let me, I could help fix it. Vander gave me this," Daisy holds up the buzzer for Vi to see.

Vi looks up and sees the blonde holding the hair buzzer, "Really?" Vi questions the blonde.

"Yeah, if you just trust me, I can fix it," Daisy smiles, "I'm assuming you wanted one side to be shorter than the other,"

"I don't actually know what I wanted," Vi admits, "Just felt right,"

"Okay," Daisy smiles. She walks over to the pinkette, running her hand through the butchered side and examines the length of it all. Vi was thankful the blonde was distracted since she couldn't not see Vi's red cheeks, "Do you trust me to fix it?" Daisy asks Vi when her attention is back to the pinkette.

"Uh, yes?" Vi says questionably. Daisy nods, taking the answer and sitting the pinkette down. Powder watches from the side with a smile on her face as she watches the two girls interact. Daisy sits in front of Vi and brushes some hair out of her face. She sections off the hair before turning on the buzzer and starts to shave the side of Vi's head.

Daisy keeps her focus on the hair while Vi keeps her focus on Daisy. She watches as the blonde works intently on her hair. Vi smiles slightly to herself at Daisy's concentrated face. It's cute, "So, why'd you cut your hair?" Daisy tentatively asks.

"Felt like a change," Vi says. She keeps her answer vague, not wanting the blonde to know the real reason. Daisy nods, continuing on her hair.

When she's done, Daisy pulls back with a smile, "Okay, you can look," Daisy says excitedly. Vi looks in the mirror, smiling slightly at the end result, "You look good, Vi," Daisy compliments, giving her a sincere smile.

Vi turns away, hiding her red cheeks, "Thanks," She says, "And for fixing it,"

"Yeah of course," Daisy smiles, "Now you can go tell Mylo and Lincoln to go screw themselves. I'm gonna head back down," Daisy tells the girl. She walks by Powder, ruffling the girls hair slightly before going back down to the rest of the group. When she walks past Vander, Daisy gives the man a nod to let him know that it went well. Vander smiles appreciatively at Daisy before going back to the bar.

Daisy sits in the booth next to Lincoln, nudging his shoulder as she leans slightly into his side. Lincoln smiles down at his sister before continuing his conversation with Claggor.

When Vi joins the rest of them with Powder, Lincoln is the first to notice her, "Well that's an improvement,"

"Fuck off," Vi says. She turns to Mylo, "You say anything again then I'm gonna make you shut up," She says in a sisterly authoritative tone. Mylo widens his eyes, gulping slightly before nodding. Daisy snorts slightly to herself, sending Vi a smile before turning back to Lincoln and paying attention to his conversation with the boys.

Vi kept her eyes on Daisy. Her words from earlier echoing in her head.

You look good, Vi.

______________________________________________

SOOOO I wasn't planning on anything but I was missing Daisy and Vi and got this idea. Once in a while I may do this.

Still am in shock at the love this book receives. Thank you all ❤️ 43k reads and almost 3k votes.

Thank you❤️🥰