47

Caitlyn looks over towards Daisy, Ekko and Vi who is finally showing up, "This place is beautiful," Caitlyn comments to Ekko, looking around the Firelights hideout. He nods at the girl, proud of what he's accomplished here.

"If Topside knew about this place, it'd be rubble and ash," Ekko comments, "You're one Piltie I can trust because of Daisy. I'm gonna have to trust that you won't say anything either,"

"I won't, Ekko. But Piltover thinks you work for Silco," Caitlyn tells the man.

"Your people hunt us like animals! Silco pays them to do it!" Ekko tells the girl. He starts to get angry thinking about all the enforcers on Silco's side.

"That's not true!" Caitlyn says.

"It is, Cait. You've never had to see it for yourself before," Daisy whispers. Caitlyn looks at her with a hurt look.

"Then why didn't you tell me about any of it?"

"I promised Ekko I wouldn't! This is a whole war that you were never aware of! I tried to tell you how lucky you were to not have to deal with these things. You always wanted to see the real world. Well, Cait, here it is! Is it everything you dreamed of?" Daisy shouts to Caitlyn who looks at her with a stern stare.

"You should have told me because you were my best friend. Was that also a lie?"

"No," Daisy whispers, her demeanor faltering, "Of course not. You were kept out of all the bad dealings. I never wanted you to get hurt in the middle of this," Daisy explains. she tries to explain her reasoning. A part of her always wanted to tell the girl, but the other part liked that she wasn't part of all of this. Maybe she was being selfish, but at the time, it was what seemed right, "I'm sorry, okay? I promise I won't leave you out of this stuff again," Caitlyn lets out a soft sigh, nodding at the girl. She grabs Daisy's hand and gives it a comforting squeeze.

Caitlyn turns to Vi and Ekko who were watching the two with wide eyes. Ekko clears his throat, "What's this?" He asks Daisy, opening a canister and showing her the Gemstone.

"We have to take that back!" Caitlyn jumps forward. Daisy grabs her hand and pulls her back. Giving her a small look.

"What is it?" Vi asks.

"It's a Hextech crystal. With it, you can control the Hexgates and create weapons out of it. I was working with Viktor and Jayce on their new products... which included that one," Daisy explains to the duo.

"And you forgot to mention it?" VI questions.

"I wasn't aware it was what we were looking for. Or that it was missing," Daisy looks at Caitlyn who gives her a guilty look.

"Yeah, sorry for that one," Caitlyn mumbles.

"We could use this to stop Silco," Ekko mutters, "Why didn't you include this when you were updating me?"

"They were made to improve the lives of the citizens. Not for war. Piltover isn't even thinking of using them as a weapon," Daisy explains, "Although... they could. There's a bow for the enforcers," Daisy mumbles the last part.

"No weapons, huh?" Ekko says. Daisy shrugs at this, not really having an answer for him.

"I got excited about the chance of a new bow," Daisy mumbles out a stupid response.

"Look, Ekko," Caitlyn begins, looking at her cousin with a slight glare as she isn't making her case, "It's wrong what's been done to you. You'd be well within your rights to keep it. I couldn't blame you. But if you do this, the cycle of violence will never end. This is our best shot at setting the record straight. The city needs healing, more than I ever realized," Caitlyn looks over at Daisy after saying that, "Please, let me help you," Daisy smiles at her cousin, proud of her for always trying to do what's best.