43

Daisy walks with her head low. She still feels her heart beating from Vi's close proximity. Her head stays on the way Vi's hand felt on her waist. Even if it was just a small touch, Daisy hasn't let anyone touch her romantically in years. And here Vi comes along and within the first hour, Daisy feels like putty in her hands.

God is Daisy fucked.

Daisy looks around and tries to calm her heart as she looks for the familiar girls. Her body freezes when she hears a familiar voice, "Holy shit," Daisy turns around and her eyes meet Mia. The older girl looks at Daisy with wide eyes, "You don't look dead like they said you were,"

"It's a long stor-" Daisy's cut off when she feels arms wrap around her, "Oh, hi," Mia's arms wrap around Daisy's neck so she reciprocates the hug awkwardly.

"What are you doing here?" Mia asks, pulling away from the girl, "Not that I'm not happy you're here,"

"It's complicated," Daisy mumbles, "Does Liz still work here? I want to explain to her what happened to Lincoln," Mia looks down with a sad look, "What?" Daisy asks the girl. Turning her head to the side.

"Liz is dead," Mia mumbles, "She was one of the few who tried fighting against Silco. Your father, he, um," Mia trails off. Daisy leans her back to the wall, her eyes hardening into a glare as she thinks of her father.

"Have you seen him?"

"He comes by from time to time," Mia says. She places a comforting hand on her shoulder, "Are you okay?"

Daisy looks up and sees Vi starting to leave the brothel, "Fine," Daisy mumbles, "Look, I gotta go find the people I came with. We have to stay hidden so mind keeping my appearance just between the two of us?"

"Of course. Just pop by whenever," Daisy nods at Mia, flashing her a quick smile before walking out of the room. Her hands are clenched in a fist as she walks to find Caitlyn. She stops when she passes a room and spots her cousin flirting with one of the female workers.

Daisy clears her throat from the front of the room, making Caitlyn and the girl look at her, "I can leave you, if you want. But Vi left- we gotta go find her," Caitlyn nods to her cousin, sending the girl a flirty smile before walking over to Daisy who is staring at her with a raised eyebrow.

"What? She was nice," Caitlyn comments as Daisy hums, grabbing the girl's arm and dragging her outside. Daisy stays quiet as she walks out with Caitlyn. Her head keeps on thinking back to what Mia just told her, "Are you okay?" Caitlyn asks, sensing something is wrong with her cousin.

"My father is a piece of shit," Daisy mumbles, "He got Lincoln's girlfriend, Liz, killed," Caitlyn places a comforting hand on Daisy's shoulder.

"I'm sorry," Caitlyn whispers. Daisy just nods, walking down the streets to find Vi. The duo stop when they hear a commotion up ahead. Not regular undercity commotion, but troublesome commotion. Daisy gives Caitlyn a look before the duo starts to run towards the sound. Knowing Vi, she's probably at the cause of it.

When they get there, Daisy widens her eyes when she sees Sevika holding a beaten up Vi. Her eyes trail over to the metal arm Sevika now has. Further ahead, more of Silco's goons are walking towards the two.

Caitlyn acts fast, pulling out her gun and aiming it at Sevika. She shoots right through the purple Shimmer tube Sevika uses in her arm. Daisy jumps down, grabbing a stick of wood and walking towards the now off-balance woman, "Hey Sevika," Daisy mumbles, swinging the stick at the girl's face as she stumbles back.

"Daisy?" Sevika says in surprise, crawling backward as she stands up to avoid Caitlyn's bullets. The group who were standing at a distance now rush towards the blonde and Vi. Sevika goes behind them and starts to run away.

Daisy pulls out her bow, grabbing one of her bomb arrows and launching it towards the group. Vi pulls herself to the side as she watches the blonde with wide eyes. Daisy takes each arrow, from net to electric to bomb, and she sends them flying at the group who are either now tied up or thrown to the ground.

She watches as Daisy and Caitlyn work together. Both of the cousins are in sync as they fight off the men with their long-ranged weapons. Caitlyn jumps down next to the blonde, firing one last shot at the group as they retreat. She looks over at the pinkette and sighs, walking over to the girl who is leaning up against the wall.

"Daisy?" A voice says. Daisy pauses when she knows it isn't Vi or Caitlyn's. Both Vi and Caitlyn pause at the voice and watch Daisy turn around.

Daisy's eyes harden when they meet her father's confused stare.

"I thought you were dea-" Kylo doesn't finish his sentence as Daisy, lightning-fast, loads two arrows and releases them. One arrow lodges into each knee, making the man fall down in pain. Daisy runs over to the man, anger on her face that is unrecognizable to both Vi and Caitlyn.

Daisy kicks the man in the face, making him fall onto his back. She loads an arrow and holds it at her father, "You fucking traitor," Daisy hisses at the man. Tears of anger well up in her eyes as she thinks back to every second she spent stuck in bed, every second struggling to walk, every second she spent on that floor forced to stare up at her brother's corpse because she was unable to move.

"Listen, Dais-"

"Shut up!" Daisy yells at the man. All the anger she held in over the years finally being released, "Just shut up!"

"Daisy!" Caitlyn shouts, "Stop this! Vi needs help- she's been stabbed," Daisy pauses when she hears this. Her eyes trail over to Vi who is now standing next to Caitlyn, holding her stomach, watching the girl with a concerned look.

Daisy tries to calm her breath. Her eyes trail back down to her father who is staring up at his daughter with wide eyes. Daisy loosens the strings, stepping back slightly. She looks down at the arrows in his kneecaps, furrowing her eyes slightly before she raises her foot and stomps on them with more force then she knew she could muster.

"Just kill me if you're going to do this!" Kylo shouts, screaming out in pain.

Daisy leans forward, staring her father straight in the eyes, "I don't want to kill you. I just want you to feel half the pain I felt that you helped inflict. Let's see how you like not being able to walk,"

"That wasn't me! That was Jinx!" Kylo yells. Daisy pauses.

"I don't know who Jinx is and I don't care. You were my dad and you were part of it," She lets out a deep breath, her anger cooling down slightly, "Find your way back to Silco and let that be a reminder of the kids you abandoned," Daisy spits out, pointing to the arrows lodged into the man.

Daisy walks over to Caitlyn and Vi who are staring at her with wide eyes, "Why would you do that?" Caitlyn shouts to the girl. Daisy's breaths go slower as everything she's just done starts to filter into her brain.

"I was just tired of holding it in," Daisy mumbles. Her eyes cast down to Vi's stomach, seeing the blood seep through, "Oh, fuck," Daisy whispers.

"Yeah, we kinda gotta go, Darling," Vi says, finally speaking up. Daisy avoids Caitlyn's gaze as she goes to Vi's other side, draping the girls arm over her neck as they start to walk.

As they get father away, Caitlyn starts to lecture Daisy from the other side of Vi, "You could get arrested for that!"

"Are you going to arrest me? People have done a lot worse down here without any consequences," Daisy whispers back. Vi turns to the girl, giving her a sad look.

"I get that you're upset about your dad. And that he killed your brother's girlfriend-"

"Wait what?" Vi mumbles, cutting off Caitlyn.

"My dad got Liz killed," Daisy mumbles. Vi stays quiet as she processes the information. She's still in shock at Daisy's action. It was so... unlike Daisy. It makes Vi start to think.

Maybe they've all changed just a little bit.