4

Daisy fell on her couch and let out a sigh once she and her father reached their house. She and him were never the closest- him always getting along better with Lincoln. However, Daisy always admired her father. She found it funny how both she and Lincoln were essentially copied and pasted versions of their parents. Lincoln looked exactly like their father: tall, dark hair, strong stature and dark eyes. Whereas Daisy looked just like her mother: light blonde hair, blue eyes, slim figure. Daisy loved her mother, but she hated feeling like she looked like someone from Topside. It mostly earned her dirty looks and crude remarks.

Her mother even dressed her differently. Of course they were still clothes that belonged to the Undercity, but her mother made them as nice as she could. She made sure Daisy looked clean. Three times a week, Daisy would be subjected to lessons on how to be a presentable lady. Daisy's mother, Azalea, always hoped that Daisy would one day marry to someone at Topside. Then, by marriage, her whole family could go up. While Lincoln, Daisy and their father were okay staying in the Undercity, Azalea missed her home. She missed her sister.

You can imagine the displeasure Daisy felt when her mother dragged her off the couch and into another room, "Really mother? Can't we take a break from this?" Daisy asked.

"No," Azalea replies shortly, making Daisy sigh as she stood up straighter for her mom. Azalea goes over to her clothes, the ones she had when she lived in Piltover, and hands a dress to her daughter. Daisy sighs, taking the dress and starts to unbutton her pants. Her mother turns away to give the girl some privacy. Daisy looks over at all of her moms supplies- she fixes clothes and makes them for the Undercity. She even gets some business from Piltover: from her sister and a few that once knew her.

Daisy never met her aunt or cousin. A part of her wants to but the other half doesn't want to sit at a table with some Topside snobs who would look down at her. She doesn't belong there, however, Daisy sometimes felt like she didn't belong down here either. Like she was stretched on both sides, each pushing her away just from the very look of her.

She wasn't rough enough for the Lanes. But she was far too dirty for Topside.

Nevertheless her mother still hoped for Daisy to be the reason the family can go back to her home. Azalea loved Daisy's father, she doesn't regret her decision to come down here, she just misses her original home.

Daisy wished Azalea dreamed more of just a marriage for her daughter. What if she was smart enough that she could go to the Academy? What if she was strong enough to be an enforcer? Not that she ever wanted to be one. Although, Daisy was quite good with a bow. At the end of the day, she just wished her mother would think of more than just marriage for her daughter.

"Okay, you can turn around," Daisy says. Her mother turns around and looks at her daughter with an adoring smile. She walks up to her and tucks a piece of golden hair behind her daughters ear.

"You look so beautiful sweetheart," Her mother says in a light tone. Daisy gives her mother a small smile, content with moments like this, "Just have to tighten the corset," Daisy groans at the thought. Turning around for her mother to, quite literally, tie the air out of her lungs, "Oh shush. I could wear these just fine by the time I was your age," Her mother scolded, making Daisy roll her eyes.

"Yeah how long was that-" Daisy never finished her sentence as her mother started to tie the corset tighter.

Much to her dismay, Lincoln decided this was the time to walk in. He started to chuckle when he saw the annoyed, and slightly strained face, of his sister. It was moments like this where he felt very lucky to have not been born a woman in this house, "Hey, Ma, Dad was asking for your to go talk to him," Lincoln says, sparing a look at his sister who looks at him pleadingly.