19

Daisy woke up to a pillow hitting her face. She groans and opens her eyes to meet Lincolns. Daisy grabs her pillow and throws it at her brother, turning around to bury her head into the covers, "Go away," Daisy mutters. Lincoln chuckles from her side.

"No, come on. I got something to show you," When Daisy doesn't move, Lincoln sighs, "It will get you out of training with dad and Sevika," With those words, Daisy jumps out of bed and looks at her brother with a small glare.

"Just let me change," Daisy sighs as she grabs a pair of clothes and walks out to her shared washroom. She changes quickly and gets ready for the day. When Daisy gets back to her room, she raises her eyebrow at her brother who smiles at her and leads Daisy out of her room. He shouts to his parents that they're leaving and he takes Daisy's arm, guiding her out of the room, "Why are we going out?" Daisy asks her brother in a questioning tone.

"It's been a while since it's been just the two of us. It's either us with everyone else, or you're with Vi,"

Daisy falters slightly, "Sorry. I know Vi and I see each other a lot more than we see each other," Daisy apologizes. Lincoln waves off his sister, not bothered by her absence since he knows she's happy with Vi.

"You don't have to apologize. I just wanted to show you something," Lincoln tells his sister. She gives him a questioning gaze, but follows him anyways. Daisy runs next to her brother as he pushes past people in the Lanes. Most send them a dirty look, but Daisy doesn't pay attention to them as she keeps running with her brother.

Daisy quickly glances at The Last Drop; Powder, Vi, Mylo, Ekko and Claggor stand at the front of it. Goofing around about god knows what. She catches the groups eye, waving at them as she runs to keep up a good pace with Lincoln. They keep running until they get to the other side of the Undercity. Daisy can see the outline of the warehouse at the cannery from here.

Lincoln leans over as he catches his breath. Daisy stands next to him, giving her brother a questioning glance, "Lincoln, what's going on?" She asks. Her brother has been her best friend her whole life, she knows when something is bothering him.

"I think I'm in love, Dais," Lincoln mutters. Daisy turns her head, looking at him with a confused face. She didn't know Lincoln was even interested in anyone.

"What are you talking about?" Daisy hesitantly asks. She leans on the edge, watching her brother with a curious glance, "With who?"

"Her name is Liz," Lincoln says, "We met a while back," Daisy falters slightly, she can't help but feel slightly upset that she never knew about this sooner. I mean, it's gotta be somewhat serious if Lincoln is talking about love. Her and Vi haven't even said anything along those lines yet.

"Why haven't you mentioned anything?" Daisy says quietly.

"I wasn't sure how mom and dad would react. And... I don't know, I was scared to tell you," Lincoln confesses.

"Why?"

"She works at the brothel. I wasn't sure how you would react,"

"What were you doing at the brothel?" Daisy turns her head, questioning her brother. He turns red, and Daisy realizes that she stepped into territory that she never wanted to discuss with her brother, "Can't believe they let you in. You only just turned 17," Daisy mutters.

"They let anyone in. There's worker younger than you," Lincoln replies. Daisy feels her heart drop a bit. She knows there are people younger than her, more experienced in that way just to survive, and she hates the thought of it, "Not that I'd ever... I just go sometimes to take the edge off. Liz is the only person I saw there. She makes me feel like there isn't such a weight.." Lincoln trails off and Daisy watches her brother. She feels bad knowing that Daisy is part of that weight he carry's.

"Okay, so she works at the brothel. Why do you think you love her?" Daisy asks. She walks to a box of crates, finding an odd part that she picks up and starts to twirl in her hand.

"There is nothing I wouldn't do for her. I want a future with her," Lincoln says. He looks out in the distance as he avoids eye contact with her sister.

"That still doesn't answer my question," Daisy replies.

"Why do you love Vi?" Lincoln snaps back. Daisy's eyes widen. She wasn't sure yet if she could say the 'L' word. That being a big step and them being so young. One thing she knew for sure, Daisy knew that she could fall in love with Vi. She was already headed in that direction. Lincoln takes his sisters silence as a reason to go on, "She told me she had a pregnancy scare," Lincoln mutters.

"Yours?" Daisy asks. She didn't mean to sound sort of condescending, but if she working in the brothel, Lincoln wasn't the only one who has been with her.

"Yes, Daisy," Lincoln sighs, "I'm glad she's not, but I can't help but be slightly disappointed. It would have been nice, starting a family," Lincoln mutters.

"You still can," Daisy mutters, "When you're older," She adds.

"What do you want when you're older?" Lincoln asks.

"Does it matter?"

"Of course it does," Lincoln turns to his sister, "You've always been told what you should want. But what do you actually want?"

"What's with the new interest?" Daisy asks curiously.

"Just the scare... I don't know. It made me think about how we are getting older. Mom and dad met when they were our age. That was the beginning to their life... it just made me think of what could happen with ours,"

Daisy sighs, leaning back against the wall, "I hope to be with Vi. I know we are young... but I think we could make it. I don't really want kids. I guess, I just want to be happy?" Daisy mutters. Lincoln looks at his sister, letting out a small sigh himself. Daisy watches her brother, wondering about what's going on in his head.

"If you want to be with this girl, you can. Mom and dad can't stop you. You should do something that makes you happy, Lincoln. If it's being with this girl, I say go for it," Lincoln looks over at his sister as she sighs, "You still have a whole life ahead of you, Lincoln. Stop worrying. Not just about this, but everything,"

"What if I lose you in the process?" Lincoln asks. Daisy furrows her eyebrows.

"You won't lose me... what's going on, Lincoln?"

"I was talking to dad and I just got a bad feeling. People are becoming more violent... somethings coming, Dais. I can feel it," Lincoln looks at his sister, "You're not only my sister but you're my best friend. I can't lose you,"

"You won't," Daisy whispers, "I'm going wherever you are,"

Lincoln doesn't respond to his sister. He turns around and gives her a tight hug. Daisy widens her eyes in shock, but gently reciprocated the hug. She's still not sure what he means, or what their father said to him to make him like this, but Daisy just comforted her brother because that's what he needed right now.