Thirteen ꕥ

"I don't have time for any of your excuses Jin! My family is tracking my location. Get out." You wanted to be shocked at what he said but you just felt numb.

"Let me explain!" He leaned forward tilting your chin upward his eyes trying to find softness in yours.

"It doesn't matter, I'm married to Seungho now." You wrenched your head away backing up until you bumped the door.

"You really slept with him on your wedding night? You hated me so much you did that?" Jin's tone was heated with disbelief, the beginnings of anger.

He must have received your wedding present, you weren't sure it would ever reach his hands. You tried to meet his eyes and look fierce. The audacity of this man to never show up to take you away, write you a letter that was brutal, but be upset you might have given your body to your new husband astounded you more than his confession.

"You didn't did you?" Jin leaned forward again this time holding your face steady while he studied your eyes.

"No. But I should have, and even if I didn't on our wedding night I will have to eventually to have kids." The words curled through Jin like a shot, his face pinching closed with anger.

"He better not put his hands on you darling. Ever." Jin's command brought warmth to your skin but you shook your head.

"What's done is done, now go before you get me in trouble." Your tone was gentle, even if his face still brought irrational anger to you. You had to convince him to leave before someone came looking for you.

"See me tonight. I'm at Aloft Gangnam room 621, I'll be waiting all night. Please come. At least let me tell you what happened and then we can figure out how to fix things." Your phone buzzed in your purse again and you knew it was your mother, you couldn't argue with him anymore.

"Fine, go I have to leave right now." Jin slipped from the car, carefully laying the bouquets on the seat. The driver returned and met your eyes in the rear view mirror.

"You will confirm that we stopped in this parking lot because you thought something was wrong with the tire. If you fail to do that I'll tell them you let my crazy ex boyfriend into your car and almost got me kidnapped. You'll never work as a driver again. Understood?" You swallowed hard, the viciously spoken words foreign on your tongue.

"Of course." The driver paled.

~

Your mother had been annoyed but dropped it when you explained the car issue. You knew she planned on checking with the car service but you felt confident that the driver was going to do exactly as you told him. You hadn't thought yourself capable of threatening someone in that way, but it had popped into your head so easily.

Sitting at your desk now all the feelings were rushing up on you. How could Jin have the nerve to do this after all these weeks? No matter what happened his actions had resulted in you ending up married to Seungho. If he hadn't planned on showing up he should have said it, then you and Dongbin could have worked on an entirely different plan.

Acid washed into your mouth and you sipped the tea still on your desk from the morning, it was cold and filmy. You gagged and pushed it away.

If Jin told you what happened, proved his innocence could you forgive him? Even if you forgave him what would it matter? You were committed to working with your husband to destroy the system. Your husband. The word didn't seem foreign anymore, you enjoyed Seungho's company. You genuinely liked him, and after almost three months you couldn't scheme with Jin a way to ditch him. That ship sailed when he'd chickened out.

You'd go tonight, you'd hear him out, but what difference would it make?

~

You'd ditched your family phone on the floor of your office, it would look like it had fallen out of your pocket. You'd complain about staying so late that you'd been exhausted and not noticed until you'd already arrived home. You'd call security from Seungho's phone and have them find it and hold it for you.