Eight

🖤Press Play🖤
🖤Pretty Please🖤

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

"Y/N, wake up, Y/N, don't cry, you're only dreaming, Y/N, wake up now." You heard the words but your eyes refused to part, to let in the truth.

You stopped screaming, closed your mouth and finally opened your eyes, they felt so heavy. Suengho knelt on your bed, you were in his arms, fingers clutching his shirt, the material wrinkling. When you tried to push back he held you firmly.

"You were screaming, I heard you from my room, I wasn't sure if you were alright. I'm sorry I know I'm probably not the person you wanted to wake up with." He let you go then moved away so he no longer took up any space on the bed.

Tears were falling down your cheeks but you couldn't pull the dream back. All that remained was the bottomless feeling of being empty. You wished you could find a detail, anything to understand why you were so traumatized.

"It was just a dream, they don't mean anything. You're just stressed about the wedding today. Don't read into it too much. Do you want some water?" Had he read your mind? Seen on your face you couldn't recall what had caused your terror?

You nodded, still silent, still hopeful that if you didn't break the spell you could bring it back. It hit you suddenly, a flight of steps, three drops of blood. You squeezed your eyes shut but then even that was gone, your brain resting.

"Sip slowly." Seungho was back and placing a glass in your hand.

"I remembered stairs and blood." You said the words, trying to connect them to the rest of your dream.

"Do you know where the stairs were? Who's blood?" You sipped the water and then shook your head.

"No."

"It doesn't matter, it was a dream not a premonition." He hugged you, awkward at first but after a moment you did feel comforted in a way.

"It's bad luck to see the bride before the ceremony." You laughed without humor and emptied the glass.

"I think an arranged marriage between two families as contemptuous as ours is worse luck."

"At least your family is innocent of this, my family attacked yours not the other way around." You swallowed hard, still shaky from your dream.

"There's a reason your family wants access to those cloud servers. Let's just say my appa has been storing some very illegal but useful information. Money and business dealings that made it very appealing for your family. No one is innocent, your family is just the aggressor this time. My family was not innocent when we obtained that data, don't pity us." Seungho straightened and smiled softly.

"Okay I won't, your family is evil, and so is mine. What does that make us?"

"Married in ten hours."

He pinched your cheek and turned to go, you wanted to call him back, thank him for his kindness, apologize for what you were going to do to him. Instead you just watched him leave, his strong shoulders squared like he could carry the whole world.