Intro + AN

Hello lovelies.

If you are here you have come to check out my story, OF BLOOD AND ROSES. This is a fully written draft I will be uploading to wattpad as I revise. Its full of bloody magic, love and betrayal, warring and complicated religions, and characters and creatures that aren't what they seem. Its inspired by a dusting of fairytales, a shimmer of Marie Antoinette, and my love for the dark and the villainous. Writing this story the first couple times around required me to dig deep into a twisted, darker part of myself that wasn't always easy to explore, but necessary.

So in saying that, here are a few details to consider before reading:

- This story deals with many types of villains and morally gray characters. Their actions, thoughts and words in no way reflect my own personal views as the author.

- This story deals with loss, betrayal, war and the cruelty that comes with it. This is not a hero's journey. If you related to Sansa in GOT, hopefully you will to Ophelia as well.

- There is a romance in this story that is meant to be portrayed as toxic and is born from my own experiences. If you do not enjoy darker romances (Think Darkling x Alina in Shadow and Bone) this is not a story meant for you.

- There, as always with my books, are LGBTQ+ characters in this story. If you don't like that, please don't read it. No form of hate will be tolerated.

Content warnings (will be updated if I come across new ones while revising):

This book depicts abuse, emotional and physical. It contains mass murder and familial death. There are also elements of violence, and imprisonment in war.