Sʜᴀʀɪɴɢ Sᴇᴄʀᴇᴛs (𝐋𝐄𝐎𝐍𝐀𝐑𝐃𝐎)

A/N: The coolest thing you own!

Grizzy: 40 plus Squishmallows!!

****

Today is the day to meet with Leonardo again. Only this time, Y/n would be meeting him on top of the roof. 

Y/n waited on the rooftop, and it was about five minutes until 8 o'clock. She wrapped herself up in one of the softest blankets she owned. Y/n sat in one of those lawn chairs made out of steel as she waited for Leo to arrive.

While waiting for her best buddy to text message or perhaps call, she fiddled around on her phone. Leo has not responded yet. However, after a little while, Leonardo called out Y/n's name as he met her from a different rooftop. "Good evening, Y/n!" He chuckled, always cheerful to see such a wonderful face.

Y/n grinned, standing from the chair. "Well, hello, sir leader!"

"Of course." He replied, jumping from the roof to meet Y/n on the one she was standing on. "How have you been?" Leo asked, bringing Y/n into a hug. 

Right away, Y/n smiled after feeling his strength and security wrap around her. Leo has always been the greatest with his hugs. "Really good."

"Awesome," Leo says, pulling away from the hug and coming to sit down at the table Y/n was sitting at just previously. "And your Aunt April?"

"She's good. She's working, though. I think she should be back soon." Y/n replied. "Shall we head inside? I heard it's gonna get a little chilly tonight."

Leonardo nodded with her about that since he was feeling a little nippy. "Yeah, sure. Lead the way."

It was considerably cozier inside the apartment, so the two closest friends went back in. Y/n noticed her rabbit eating lettuce every few minutes while meandering through the living room when she first stepped in. "Hey, buddy!" She grinned, picking her rabbit up and holding it against her chest. "Leo, do you remember, R/n?"

Leo chuckled, stroking the animal's soft ears. "Yes, I do! He looks the same." He sighs, sitting down on the couch and feeling the weight of his body sink into the piece of furniture. "Hey, Y/n?"

"Yeah?" She says, setting her rabbit down on the floor so he could wander some more. She sits down on the couch with Leo, her feet tucked underneath her.

"You and I have been friends for a long time," He started off. "But I got a secret." He says, making Y/n chuckle at him.

"Oh, really?" She gave a toothy grin, scooting closer to Leo. "You're a teenage mutant turtle who is a ninja, you live underground, and you saved the city-- what else is there, Leo?"

Leo shrugged at Y/n, making eye contact with her. Before Leo continued, he knew that he was going to be building his and Y/n's bond from here. He trusts her a lot. "I don't like to think about this so much because it's kind of embarrassing and ridiculous. But I always thought that Raphael was better than me until we were ten years old. I also thought he was my leader... Imagine me following that dude." He laughed.

So did Y/n. It does kind of sound odd for Raphael to be the leader of four turtles. "Wow. Raphael, the leader?" Y/n tried to wrap her head around it. "Yeaahh... I can't see it. No offense to Raph, but he isn't exactly the leader type."

Leonardo nodded to her, agreeing with her comment. She thought Leo never would have thought that way, but if that's how he processed his thoughts and observations about his brother, then that's how it used to be. It does seem to be an interesting secret of the leader's. Leo cleared his throat. "What about you? A secret. Share for share."

"Oh, we're sharing secrets, now?" She laughs aloud. "Okay, uh..." Y/n couldn't think much of a secret but tried to find a good one that wasn't too bad to share. "Well, I cheated on a biology exam once and did not get away with that." She laughed. "And since I'm a gymnast, there was a time I sprained my ankle and went to a meet without them knowing I was hurt." She took a moment to think about another secret she thought would be worth sharing. "And well... (share a secret of your choice! We're all friends here)."

Leonardo's gaze was fixed intently on what she had told him. He didn't hold her actions or her thoughts about the secrets she disclosed against her. He simply saw this as a wonderful opportunity for bonding.

But he thought it was amazing that Y/n chose to go to a gym meet when she was injured and her parents didn't know. If they don't know, then April probably doesn't know either. "You were hurt. Why did you go to the meet?" Leo sounded genuinely concerned even though that injury was a long time ago.

She cleared her throat. "I never like missing out on a meet... I hated not participating, so I said nothing to my parents or coaches. When we were done with the meet, I went home and iced both of my ankles." Y/n says, believing the outcome was supposed to result the way it did. "But I healed just fine."

The mutant turtle chuckled. "Wow, Y/n. I'm really proud of you, though. It takes a lot of strength and courage to go out there with an injury. Or... (the secret you shared)."

Y/n beams at her favorite mutant. "Thank you, Leo." She was glad to hear that Leonardo was actually happy for her. She thought that he would be mad at her because she didn't say anything to him about a sprained ankle or two... of course, the additional secret she shared wasn't too bad.

Then, the apartment door opened up. April came through the door with a couple of grocery bags full of food. When she saw Y/n standing from the couch, she smiled at her niece. "Hey, Y/n, I brought us some snacks for our little Grey's Anatomy marathon." She chuckled. "I even got some seaweed packets."

"Seaweed?" Leonardo stood up from the couch, startling April.

"Oh, Leo!" She exclaimed with laughter, surprised by his presence. "Good to see you! I reckon you would like some seaweed?"

"I can never say 'no' to seaweed, April. You know me." Leo said, taking the grocery bags from April's hands and setting them on the counter for her.

Y/n had no idea about Leo's secret. To her, it sort of sounds like Leo has a few insecurities, but everyone has those. She just never thought that Leo believed that Raphael was better than him. No one is better than anyone.

But she joined her aunt and Leo in the kitchen, preparing for a fun night of Netflix and many snacks to share. Whenever a cozy night like this happened, she would always cherish it-- especially with Leonardo, the greatest leader she's ever known.

****

"Fellas, it's go time!"