Mᴇᴇᴛ & Gʀᴇᴇᴛ (𝐃𝐎𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐎)

Q: Million dollar question! Favorite Ninja Turtle? Or your favorites in order!

Grizzy: Donatello (since I was little) then, Leonardo, Raphael, and Michelangelo

****

A couple of days went by and Y/n had become distant from her father. Ever since he acted strange over the phone, she felt like she was being lied to. That is very likely the case.

She sat on the couch, cradling her macaw as she watched her shows on the flatscreen, her feet resting on the coffee table. Once again, she is alone at home. At this point, she didn't care where Vern was because he gave her different excuses each time she asked where he was.

Her macaw, M/m flew to his cage, chatting to himself.

When the TV no longer entertained her, she turned her attention to her tablet and began a new design. Art was one of her outs, and so is her talent in singing. But when she started doing both of these things at the same time, she suddenly didn't feel the mood.

Sighing deeply, Y/n turned off her tablet. She got up from the couch and went into the kitchen to find some food, but nothing was there that grabbed her tastebuds. "Maybe I should go out..." She suggested, looking at her macaw. "What do you think, M/m?"

The beautiful bird says nothing, only nodding a couple of times. Y/n placed her bird back into the large cage and locked the latch.

Y/n went to the door to pick up her backpack, her apartment keys, and jacket. She opened up the door, went downstairs, and made it out into the open.

As she walked through the neighborhoods, she thought about he father. She missed him, missed who he was before he became secretive about anything related to his work or his life in general.

While she grabbed herself some food and ate alone on a rusty, old bench in Central Park, she wondered what Vern was doing right this second. He's probably doing his job like he is supposed to, or he's doing something odd yet again.

Then, Y/n looks at the time on her phone, seeing that it was time for her to get back home where Vern is possibly waiting for her. "Time to head back." She says, crumbling up her wrappers and napkins before discarding them into the nearest trashcan.

There are so many thoughts going through this girl's head. She just wanted to have a normal relationship with her Dad again and his behavior and secrecy are preventing her from forming that with him. She didn't understand why Vern was doing this to her. He's her parent!

At this point, Y/n feels like she needs some time to herself. Perhaps, she should check into a hotel for a couple of days before confronting her Dad about his behavior. It's likely that she may need to do that.

The second she walked up to the apartment door, she heard her Dad's voice on the other side, talking to someone else. It was another man, someone that didn't sound familiar. The person Vern was speaking to sounded younger.

Y/n carefully leaned her head against the door, trying to figure out what these two were talking about.

"Look," Vern began. "I understand. You and your brothers know that I mean well, right?"

Now that Vern says something, that means the other person would say something in return. The new voice replied to Y/n's father. "Right, yeah, we do know that, Vern."

"So, to fix my relationship with my daughter, I need to distance myself from you guys for a while." Vern sounded sort of sad after saying these words. Whatever this was about, it bothered him and it was clear that he understood the poor father-daughter relationship.

"We understand." Says the voice. "I'll let Leo know."

Y/n takes a deep breath, hovers her hand over the doorknob, and turns it quickly to let herself into the apartment. But, when she looked at her Dad, who was standing in the middle of the living room, no one was there except for the curtain of the fire escape window flowing gently. "Dad, who were you talking to?" She asked, shutting the door behind her.

Vern gulped, adjusting his shirt and brushing his hair back. "What? Uh..." He's lost. Vern was not expecting his daughter to burst through the door this way, and that was her plan! She didn't want him to expect it. "No one, pumpkin..." He thinks he's so sly this time...

"Dad..." Y/n says, keeping her cool. She heard a conversation take place in here and now he is lying to her face. "I just heard you talking to someone!" Her volume went up just a bit.

"What? No! I was just talking to M/m!" He gestured to the caged bird munching on a dish full of seeds.

"You're unbelievable!" She bellowed at him. "Dad, you've been lying to me for the longest time! You're acting weird! You don't tell me what you're doing!" Tears began to trail down her face. "I'm your daughter! I thought we were supposed to tell each other everything!"

"Y/n, I know, but--" Vern tried to speak to her, but he stopped the moment he saw her breaking down. "Huney, I'm sorry... I know I've been a terrible father lately and I don't mean to be."

She sobbed, leaning on the edge of the kitchen counter, crossing her arms. "Why? Why have you been acting this way?"

Vernon tried to talk again, but he couldn't find the correct words to explain himself. He wants to be honest, but if he was, he'd be breaking a rule. A rule that could hurt some friends of his. "It's a long story..." He says softly.

"Dad, no more," Y/n says, putting her hand up. "I'm gonna go to a hotel, okay?" She started for her room, turning her back to her father. "I'll be there until you're ready to tell me everything."

"Y/n!" Vern called to her, watching her go down the hallway.

Y/n turned around, facing her father again. "What, Dad?!" He isn't standing by himself anymore. Her eyes widened when she saw a tall figure standing next to Vern.

Vernon wasn't afraid of this tall figure. He was calm, still, and waited for Y/n to say or do something. "Sweetheart," He says gently, watching Y/n walk closer to him and his tall green friend with a dark purple mask across his eyes. He had a pair of glasses on, too. "This is a friend of mine."

The green man who appears to have a shell on his back raised his right hand up to Y/n, a gesture to say hello. "Hello, Y/n."

"D-Dad...?" Y/n says, staring at the mutant beside her Dad. "Wh--What its--- who is this?" She stepped closer, cautious of this new face she is seeing.

Vern replied. "Don't be afraid." He tells her, guiding her to the visitor.

The mutant's light eyes look down at Y/n's (e/c) eyes. He gave her a small smirk to show he wasn't a threat, and that she didn't need to be scared of him. "I'm Donatello. Donnie for short. I'm a friend."

Y/n is amazed. She thought she was dreaming. This explains so much, though! Y/n scanned Donnie from head to toe, gaining the courage to bring her hand up and touch his shoulder. It had a rough, yet soft texture to it with a cooler temperature. Touching Donnie told Y/n mentally that he is indeed very real and standing in her home with her Dad. "Whoa..." She whispered, looking up at Donnie's eyes, returning the smirk, but it grew into a fine smile. "Nice to meet you."

Donatello nodded his head once to her. "It's a pleasure to finally meet you, Y/n."

Out of nowhere, Vern blurted out, "I feel such relief." He rubbed the back of his neck. "I hope your family doesn't get pissed about this."

"No need to worry about that, Vern," Donnie says, glancing at him once before turning his attention back to Y/n. "Everything will be okay." He winked at the girl.

Y/n chuckled, winking back at Donnie.

****

"Allow me to be the badass for once!"