Dᴇᴇᴘ Tʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs (𝐑𝐀𝐏𝐇𝐀𝐄𝐋)

A/N: Would you rather have a rhino or a hippo for a pet?

Grizzy: Rhino!

****

Raphael did his normal daily routine of weight lifting in the dojo as the rest of his brothers do what they do. Leonardo chose to meditate on the platform in the middle of the lair, surrounded by candles-- just like how Splinter does it. Donatello is in his lab working on model sketches of a few small inventions, and Mikey's nose is always and the drum set or bothering everybody else. What a child he is but that's what makes him great!

The girl he had just met, who happens to be the chief's daughter somehow got on his soft side. That side of him isn't usually triggered unless he is knitting a sweater or even whittling a piece of wood.

Ever since he found out that the chief of police had a daughter, he didn't think much of it. Honestly, he wasn't expecting it, and now that he met her, he thought of her as someone he could trust, and not just because she is the daughter of the chief.

This gamer girl, the chief's daughter, Raph couldn't stop thinking about her and the way she talks and smiles. For the first time, she got wedged into his head, getting completely stuck in the hothead's noggin.

What caught him and still amazes him; she whittles. Raph thought that it was amazing to meet someone who did the same thing as he does. Honestly, he thought he wasn't going to meet anyone who could whittle-- it's a rare talent nowadays.

He thought of how smart she is because running start is a great thing to do for someone her age and he learned she has a cat named (Cat Name).

The night he visited her on the rooftop made him feel warm and cozy, a feeling he doesn't usually experience for someone like him. When they spoke that night, just getting to know each other, it was like he's known her for many years. What frustrated him is the details of her personality. He wanted to know her better than he does now. It nearly angered him because she wasn't in the lair with him right now. Raph wants to spend more time with her! He admitted that. And it's so early in their friendship. A little too early.

He needs to relax!

Something as different as this made him feel good. For some reason, Raphael didn't feel insecure about himself when it came to Y/n. He really digs her energy, the way she thinks, and even the way she looks. As he set the weights down on the floor, he wipes the sweat from his forehead before tying his mask back on over his head. "Man, what a chic." He chuckled to himself, grabbing his water jug next to his Bluetooth radio.

But now he needed to see what she was like when it came to video games. Does she prefer PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo? What games does she play? Does she enjoy competition or solo player? He didn't know yet.

Y/n hit differently than April O'Neil. Of course, the reporter is a great friend but she is an adult who has adult things to do and is hardly at the lair anymore.

There is something fluttering inside Raphael, but he doesn't understand what it is yet. The more he thought about Y/n, he began to have doubts that she'd want to see him again. Sometimes, he tends to overthink just like Donnie. "Does she want to see me again?" He asked himself, sitting on the bench as he chugged a gallon of water.

Raph didn't know that Y/n wanted to see him just as much. But it's all just baby steps and he needed to learn to be patient about a growing friendship.

This is the first human, the first girl to ever grab Raphael's attention. She is brand spanking new to his life and he is determined to know more about her.

He needs to see her again to get his questions answered. Raph just hopes he doesn't chicken out.

****

"No regrets, no fear!"