Mᴇᴇᴛ ᴛʜᴇ Rᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ (𝐑𝐀𝐏𝐇𝐀𝐄𝐋)

A/N: What's your favorite hobby?

Grizzy: Draw, write, play cello

****

Y/n.

What a young lady she is.

Through the eyes of many, she was seen as different a person.

Some see her as a girl who got in trouble all of the time when really that wasn't really the case. She used to skip classes in high school and talked back to her mother, but that too wasn't true. That's the typical teenager, though.

Others found her as this sweet person with the average issues as a teen, just trying to make it through life.

There are times when she is very tired, feeling like she is getting nowhere in life and that also was normal for a teen.

But she found her outs when she was in doubt.

Whittling and gaming were her all-time favorite things to do when she wasn't doing her school work.

She owned a brand new Play Station and an Xbox-- both set up in her room with a great gaming station on the far side of her room. This room is very big-- bigger than the average room for a young girl. She's seen as a rich lady.

Y/n didn't want to think of herself as a spoiled girl with mama's money. She valued something else...

Her mother is Cheif Rebecca Vincent, Cheif of NYPD. A single mother raising a smart and tough daughter. That explains the expensive room with a walk-in closet and the large flat-screen TV planted on the wall.

Now, having a mother who is a cop worries people, and that is why Y/n hardly has any contact with potential friends.

No one bothered Y/n because she was seen as the girl who couldn't be touched since her mother is the head of the police.

Y/n hated being seen as an untouchable person. Honestly, she wanted at least one friend-- anyone that will accept her as the chief's daughter.

She sat in her room, watching her mother report on the evening news as she picked up a thin-bladed knife. "Right on time, Mom." Y/n says, sitting at her desk as she began carving a chunk of wood. Her eyes gaze at the flat screen.

"If you have any knowledge of these suspects' whereabouts, please don't hesitate to contact--" The chief spoke out on the news, letting the public know that there are active burglars running around the city right now.

As Y/n listened to her mother talk on live TV, she scraped away unwanted chunks of wood, creating a shape out of the earthy material. Y/n learned to whittle from her grandfather.

She enjoyed doing this because she could make this piece of wood look like anything she imagined it as. It was also a way for her to communicate-- it's art.

Her second hobby was gaming. She was into Twitch, Discord, and had many online friends over each counsel she had pulled into her computer and TV. But she didn't have any friends that were in person.

Y/n is the type of girl who keeps to herself when she wasn't doing the things she loved. If she was ever in the mood, she would catch up on her school work from running start, make herself a large meal in the kitchen, hoarding the fridge and cabinets, and... sleep.

She's the independent type who wanted one friend.

That's all she wanted.

The evening is getting older and she wasn't sure what she was going to do for the remainder of her mother's shift at work.

Y/n came to the couch, finding her (fur color) cat snoozing happily on the arm of the furniture. She picked up the fluffy creature and held it against her chest, kissing the top of its head.

The cat meows, nuzzling against Y/n chest as she walked to the living room window. She opens up the large window, stepping outside to the fire escape, walking up the narrow stairs until she reached the top, the cat still in her hold.

Y/n liked coming out here to get some air and to also get a look at the view that never changed from where she stood on top of the roof. The lights, the smells, the sounds, everything she loved about the city wouldn't age in her mind. Each time she came out to see her city, she grinned until her face hurt.

If she was lucky, Y/n heard yells coming from the nearby alleyway, witnessing a fight by ear or an argument. Then, every once in a while, she'll hear glass shatter or a stray cat yowl.

And when that magical sound of police and ambulance sirens went off, she always thought of her strong mother who had taken care of her during all these years.

Her father left about ten years ago-- thinking his life was more important than taking care of a wife and daughter. The divorce was final two years after he got up and left.

As Y/n held her cat in her arms, she takes out her smartphone and checks the time on her lock screen. "11:23 p.m." She says. "Looks like Mom will be coming home soon, (c/n)."

(C/n = Cat Name)

The more Y/n spent time on the roof, she could have sworn that the shadows were moving all around her. At the same time, it was unsettling and interesting to her. She wanted to know why there were so many different movements at the corner of her eyes.

It always felt like a positive presence, but the shadows made her think otherwise.

A majority of the time, she'd ignore it and hope it was just her wild imagination. Perhaps, she is spending too much time outside where the source of the shadows lived.

When Y/n walked back inside the expensive apartment with her cat, she set down her feline gently.

As she walked back to her room, she heard another familiar voice on the TV. April O'Neil was reporting the recent vigilante sightings-- ones that civilians can't explain.

Y/n was wondering why these shadow sightings have been riling up lately. It's like one second the shadow vigilantes are taking a break and then the next, they are starting back up again.

But hey, these vigilantes have been helping the city out more than her mother's NYPD.

Foot Clan activity has decreased and that's when the city felt a lot safer.

And there were times where Y/n felt like she was being watched.

Watched by some guardian that lurked outside her window.

****

"We're lean, we're green, and we're mean!"