ɴɪᴋɪ - Alone 🖤

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐛𝐨𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐛𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐮𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐝, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐩𝐚𝐫, 𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐞𝐥𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐥𝐲.

Niki and his hyungs were going for dance practice once again this week. Niki was not in his form that week, and his hyungs could notice. His dance form was not right, his was one beat off consecutively the past few days, and whatever they told him, he would just blank out.

Being the last day of the week, it was Friday. Like every normal person, the weekend was for working people to take a break. However, that week, that did not seem like the case for Niki. That Friday, Niki looked so stressed out, he couldn't focus on anything at all, his form seemed so weak, and he was too distracted to even improve himself, although, needless to say, he always strives to do his best, because his dancing is what got him to where he is today.

After nearly 5 hours of dancing, it was time for the group to leave, but the dance instructor was considerate and nice enough to let Niki stay behind, as the rest of his hyungs make their way to the van.

"Niki ah, are you okay? This whole week. . . You are off beat, off timing, and there is no strength in your moves." The dance instructor questions in worry, noticing the exhaustion visible on Niki's face.

"I. . . I am fine, seonsaengnim (teacher), I'm just feeling a little down-" "Niki ah, don't let your emotions control you, ok? Control your own mind, your own body. Don't forget, you are Enhypen's main dancer. You're Enhypen Niki, you have to be the best at dancing amongst them. You cannot continue like this, you understand? Go on, continue practicing for awhile more, and let them go for their meal. You know very well, with your standard, you can't be relaxing," The instructor's words just add more stress and pressure to Niki, but he knew what the teacher wanted him to do.

"I. . . I understand, thank you for reminding me,. . . have a nice day," Niki greets the instructor goodbye as he trudges back into the room. He notifies Jungwon that he is staying back to practice a while more, a long while more, and hangs up.

5pm.

6pm.

8pm.

9pm.

11pm.

1am.

The entire practice room was filled with his sweat and heavy breathing. Since his hyungs left at 5pm, he was so absorbed he didn't even realised it was 1am in the morning already. He knew his hyungs will be worried, and he thought they will at least call him, but nothing. 8 continuous hours of practice, and they were not worried at all.

Saddened at the thought, he felt like throwing a tantrum, but realise no one is with him. No one will understand him. No one will see him suffer, no one will see him cry. His hyungs only see him as a boy that is very mature for his age, a boy that will never cry, because his skills are so so good, there is nothing to be sad about.

Staring at his own reflection, the music starts again, and upset that no one cared that he was still dancing at 1 in the morning, he dances with utmost strength, until. BAAM.

The poor boy loses his balance, falling flat on his elbow.

"AHHHHH!" Niki screams in agony, as he felt excruciating pain in his elbow to his wrist. He was unable to move his right arm at all. He gave up everything that was happening then, collapsing in tears.

Nothing was going the way he wanted. He was beyond frustrated and paranoid, the anger and pain flowing through his body, as he cries. He felt so upset, and anguish.