60: X-amined

Sabretooth tried to grab Kurt by his tail and yank him down, but Kurt dodged again.

"Please, go avay," he said.

"Hold still, you little bug," Sabretooth said.

"My money's on Kurt," Morph said to Mystique.

She bit her lip. "Don't underestimate Sabretooth.... He's killed before."

"Is this a bad time to ask...how did you ever meet?" Morph said.

"It's a long story," Mystique said. "And not one of my favorite memories."

"You've had it worse," Sabretooth said to her.

Mystique couldn't argue that...but she still grimaced.

"Apparently, you actually knew her identity," Kurt commented. "How odd."

"Not really," Mystique said. "Disguising oneself as a human to someone who hates humans makes no sense. For once being a mutant served better. The only time, really."

"Enough chit chat." Sabretooth took advantage of Kurt's distraction to catch him by the neck.

"Stop this," Mystique said, in more alarm.

Kurt poofed into the air, however, and Sabretooth went with him, then fell on his backside.

Morph thought that was funny.

"You should see your face," he said, then he morphed into him.

"Another shapeshifter?" Sabretooth sat up. "How many of you are there? One is bad enough."

"Just me," Morph said. "I think..."

"I believe fighting is vasting our time," Kurt said. "And Herr Logan vill soon realize you are here."

"Well, that is just what I'm counting on," Sabretooth said.

"Kurt," Morph hissed, "go warn them. I'll stall him."

"Are you sure?" Kurt said.

"Sure, yeah, I can handle it. I'll just become him if he tries anything," Morph said.

Kurt vanished.

"Where's he going?" Sabretooth said.

"Maybe he got tired of talking to you," Mystique said dryly.

"So, who's that one's father?" Sabretooth asked, in a more snide tone. "Another mutant?"

"No...actually. Human," Mystique said. "The irony is not lost on me. Nor that you named that other one after yourself."

"You didn't stick around to vote," Sabretooth said. "Thought he'd end up a mutant, like me. Odds were for it. Struck out on that."

"Your family tree is so confusing..." Morph shook his head.

"And what are you?" Sabretooth was leery of fighting him right off, since he could have evenly matched him. "Another X-man?"

"I...was..." Morph said.

"Mystique always has to have her victims," Sabretooth said.

"As if you'd know," Mystique muttered.

"I think you might be misunderstanding," Morph said. "Actually, Mystique is--"

Mystique kicked him and shook her head with a nervous glance.

"--just staying here for the time being." Morph surprisingly complied. "Sort of because of a little problem with Creed himself."

"I heard he finally ended up in jail again," Sabretooth said. "Figures... Couldn't stay out of it at all away from me. Tell me, did he ever thank those mutant X-men for helping him?"