breakfast is better with someone else

" Oh god it's wonderful, to get out of bed, an drink too much coffee,
and smoke too many cigarettes, and love you so much "
- Steps; Frank O'Hara

Lex groaned as he phone went off.

He ended up staying the night at Matthew's place, Lex slept on the couch with a silk sheet over him, he actually slept pretty well for once.

He turned off his phone alarm and checked the time, it was seven-fifteen, he needed to get for work.

"Morning," Matthew said, he leaned over the couch and held out a cup of coffee.

He was wearing a white button up and dress pants, clearly in the middle of getting ready for work.

"Good Morning," Lex smiled and he sat up, he took the cup of coffee. "Thanks."

Matthew hummed, "What do you want for breakfast?"

Lex took a sip of the coffee and shrugged, "Whatever you make, I'm not picky."

Matthew nodded and walked back into his kitchen, Lex could hear him start cooking something.

"Where do you work?" Matthew asked.

"I'm journalist," Lex answered. "I think your apartment is closer to work than my own apartment."

Matthew chuckled, "Glad to know you won't be late."

"Yeah," Lex chuckled as well. "Where do you work?"

"I have my own law firm," Matthew said. "I run it with my best friend."

Lex smiled as he got up from the couch, "That's cool, sounds like a lot of work though."

Matthew nodded, "Can be, yeah."

Lex walked over the kitchen and leaned against the peninsula, still drinking the coffee Matthew gave him.

"You think I could borrow some clothes?" Lex asked. "I won't have time to make back to my apartment."

Matthew nodded, "If they fit."

Lex smiled, he was so used to waking up alone from a nightmare and waking up much earlier than his alarm. But this, getting woken up by his alarm and taking with someone else. It felt domestic, it felt nice, it made his heart skip a beat.

"Thanks."

"Sure."

Lex could get used to this.

He could get used to Matthew.

——

Lex ended up wearing black dress pants, a black blazer, white button up, and black tie. The color scheme was different than what Lex normally wore, he tended to wear shades of beige and brown. Plus, he was missing a sweater vest but whatever. Other than that it seem like his own clothes, they fit well and he liked wearing suits.

Lex didn't think anyone would notice that he wasn't wearing his own clothes.

"How'd last night go?" Dae-Seong asked, as they entered the break room.