why are old men always really annoying

" Oh Lord, of Lord, what do I do? I've fallen for someone who's nothing like you,
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone, oh I just wanna take him home "
- Devil's Backbone; The Civil Wars

Lex rubbed his eyes, he was working on an article at Dae-Seong's kitchen island, they were making kimbap.Lex's favorite food that Dae-Seong cooked.

It was a tradition for the two of them to get together at least once a week for dinner and just hang out, they would chat about life, or just sit together, sometimes Dae-Seong would help Lex with an article and sometimes Dae-Seong would help Lex connect the dots between incidents and gangs.

"How's the article," Dae-seeing asked, sensing Lex's struggle.

"Horrible," Lex responded. "I have to write about the masked man and his partner who supposedly shot cops and blew up a bunch of buildings. When I know full well that they didn't!"

Dae-Seong chuckled, "Just try not to make it seem too opinionated, stick to the facts."

"There are no facts, it's all speculation," Lex sighed.

"This is why I chose to be an editor and not a journalist," Dae-Seong teased.

Lex groaned and rested his forehead on Dae-Seong's kitchen counter.

"She's a killer queen, gunpowder, guilotine, dynamite with a laser beam..."

Lex's ringtone sounded threw the apartment, he sighed and pulled his phone from his bag. Matthew was calling him, they had exchanged numbers after the whole... past thing. 

Lex had even added Matthew to his contact list on his 'arm computer' from Dae-Seong.

"...Guaranteed to blow your mind anytime-"

"Hey," Lex spoke into the phone. "What's up?"

"Hey can you meet me at the docks in five minutes," Matthew asked.

"What," Lex questioned. "How important is it?"

"Very." Matthew responded.

Lex rolled his eyes, "I'm eating homemade Kimbap, so be more specific."

"Fisk and the Yakuza important," Matthew stated.

Lex sighed, "Okay, I'll be there in five minutes."

"Thanks," Matthew said.

"Sure, but now you owe me some kimbap, arsehole," Lex teased.

Matthew chucked, "Okay."

"See ya in five," Lex hung up.

Dae-Seong smiled at Lex, letting him know he wasn't mad, "Go on, I'll try to save some for you."

Lex grinned, "Thanks and I'll try to be quick."

Dae-Seong nodded, "Be careful!"

——

Lex landed gently and without a sound on the roof top that Matthew and someone else perched on.