its clear that I should not be allowed to speak

" It's strange. I felt less lonely when I didn't know you. "
- Jean-Paul Sarte; The Files

Lex groaned quietly as he stitched up the wound, one of gang member Lex was sent after ended up having a pocket knife and along with his gun. Lex found that out the hard way.

"You're improving," He said calmly. "There are less injuries then last time."

Lex chuckled lightly, "Thanks, I guess."

"That was a complement," He clarified. "You'll be coming out from much worse situations in no time."

Lex smiled weakly at him.

"I know you're young but..." He started.

"I can't even drive yet," Lex said. "Legally, at least."

He chuckled, "You are very young, but learning young is a good thing."

"I know," Lex said. "You better give me a good position when I'm older."

He smiled, "I wouldn't trust anyone else."

Lex smiled again, a little wider this time.

——

"You've been busy," Vladimir mocked.

Lex and Matthew duck taped the cop to a pole, making sure he can run, and they duck taped his mouth, making sure he can't yell for more police.

"The building is surrounded." Lex informed him. "Ten officers and four dogs."

"More coming," Matthew added.

"How do you two know this?" Vladimir asked.

"Lucky guess," They both chorused.

Matthew deconstructed the cop's gun.

"We could of used that," Vladimir said.

"I'm not big on guns." Matthew stated flatly.

"Great. Little stick, much better. What did you do to me?" Vladimir asked.

"Road flare, cauterized the wound," Lex explained.

Vladimir glared at him, "You burned me?"

"Yeah, had to stop the bleeding," Lex snapped back.

Vladimir tried to get up, but groaned in pain and laid back down on the messy ground.

"Bullet's still inside you, wouldn't move around if I were you," Matthew said.

"You expect me to say thank you?" Vladimir asked, annoyed.

"If we didn't need you alive, we wouldn't be having this conversation," Matthew said, equally annoyed.

Vladimir chuckled, then coughs in pain, "So you just stand there and let me die, huh? But you guys couldn't kill me yourself? Is that where you draw the line?"