Chapter 35

(Badtameez Dil: Insolent Heart)

Anika Singh and Lavanya Kashyap got up on stage in matching orange bridesmaid gowns.

"Good evening everyone!" Anika spoke. "We are here today to celebrate the start of a journey for some of the most important people in my life. Khushi Gupta, who took a bet on me."

The crowd laughed, Khushi Gupta was smirking at her.

"Payal Gupta, who said whatever, and handed me an appointment letter!"

The crowd roared. Payal Gupta rolled her eyes.

"Chandani Vashishth," Lavanya continued. "Who trusted me above all else when it mattered."

Chandani blushed from beside her fiance.

"Meghna Vashishth, who trusted her instincts when it mattered most."

Meghna smiled appreciatively.

"And Shikha Vashishth, who turns out, can do wonders!" Lavanya winked at Shikha, who shook her head. It was their secret, after all. "Join us in celebrating, not one but five-"

The lights went out.

"Khushi?" Lavanya's voice was heard, confused over the murmurs about the timing.

Lavanya stopped short when she saw two spotlights on the stage. They were not on her or Anika. She turned to see a sight she couldn't believe.

For months, he had been MIA. For weeks, he had texted her. Here he stood, in all his glory, grinning into a mic.

"What's up, bros? I think a blue moon's up!"

Anika was confused at this man. Who was he?

"Dev, I hope you remember me?"

"Of course, smartass. Do you remember me?"

"Sorry. I was caught up, missed the RSVP."

"Bhai, get down from there!" Pooja Rathore yelled. "It's the brides team's turn."

"Is it?" They heard another voice.

Anika was rooted. Didn't he say he had to go to Singapore urgently?

"Sorry, Pooja, I think we'll take this one."

"That's stealing!" Arya Khanna accused.

In a practiced move, Shivaay pulled Anika to himself, who's eyes went wide, and NK pulled Lavanya, who was grinning and shaking her head.

"But they are already ours!" Shivaay said.

"DJ, it's time!" NK said.

And the hall burst with music, shocking everyone.

NK led Lavanya, twirling her, moving her with the music. "I thought-"

"That I would miss my brother's wedding?" NK teased.

"But your-"

"So I took a break. Had to sometime." He eyed her.

Shivaay led Anika, matching NK beat by beat. "Singapore?"

"Had to practice." Shivaay stated.

"You ass!"

"Yours are better," he whispered into her ear as she faced away, her face turning scarlet.

(Illahi: Curious Heart)

Ten couples sat on the beachside by the Grant Hyatt in Goa, watching the waves playing with their toes.