Chapter 7

(Delhi: Arrival)

"On what basis are you challenging me now, Mamaji? Two hours ago, you were on my side!" Anjali was frustrated.

"All I am saying is we wait a few hours. If Advay and Murli really have a solution that does not involve therapy, what's the harm in giving it a try?"

"Papa, we don't even know this Advay." Akash piped up.

"I've known him for some time now. I believe he has a reason for coming here all of a sudden. Soon as I mentioned to Murli that Arnav was going in therapy, he went ballistic!"

"Murli?" Akash asked. "Wait, how do you know Advay will come or not? If it was just Murli who said they will come? What if Advay has some other work? Will we keep waiting?"

"Yes. Because I'm not having Arnav go to therapy for one small incident."

"This isn't his first incident Mamaji!" Anjali finally blurted the true reason for the therapy.

"Not his first?"

"No. He used to talk in his sleep. About a different family. About temples and moonlight and what not. He used to sleepwalk sometimes, too. It all stopped after we came here, so I never told you. Now, I feel it's starting again. Who knows, maybe it never went away!"

The bell rang and they turned to the door for the imminent arrival.

Hariprakash opened the door.

"Di!"

"NK Bhai?" Akash was dumbfounded.  Seeing Nand Kishore Rathore was like waiting for a blue moon. They all knew of him and his vanishing ways. No one knew where he worked, just that work was always always a priority.

"Yo! Akash, mere Bhai! How are you?" And he was extremely jolly, to the point that it irritated Arnav.

"I'm good". NK hugged him.

"Keep your head clear for what's to come." He whispered.

Akash looked at his cousin again. The ever jovial eyes looked serious.

"And how are you Di?"

"Extremely happy that you are here! I thought it was just Advay and Murli!" Anjali was smiling.

"I couldn't resist surprising you." NK grinned.

"Well I am."

"Prepare to be floored then."

NK turned to the door and Anjali saw Gayatri Rathore enter with Payal Gupta and Pooja Rathore.

I wasn't hallucinating! I saw her. Payal Gupta! And Pooja Rathore.

Anjali felt weak in her knees, even though she was seated.

Behind them, she saw Murli enter. Him, she knew. Murli was part of the family. He was the live wire between Mamaji and Gayatri Maasi. Even after years they hadn't drifted apart, because of him.

"Didi, kya hum Arnav Bhaiya ko niche bula sakte hain?" Murli's voice earthed her. (Can you call Arnav Bhaiya downstairs?)

Anjali nodded and sent Hariprakash to get her brother.

"Beta, Advay nahi aaya?" Mahendra asked. He had been waiting to meet him for ages. Today, there was hope, but it seemed luck was not on his side. (Advay didn't come?)

"Aaye hain. Unhe kuch kaam bhi tha toh office hote huye idhar aaenge. Bas 10-15minute mein." (He did. He said he has to take care of something at office. He'll be here in 10-15minutes)