Familiar Strangers pt.3

+back to Kurtis P.O.V.+ 

It's been about a month and i found out a lot of Shit. My nigga Jinx told me about the dudes runnin in our Shit, Tray gettin kidnapped and, most shockin, me bein in a committed relationship. I can't believe i was actually faithful to one broad. Fuck was i smokin on? I don't know. But i been tryna get in contact wit 'ol girl for a minute now, to thank her fa holdin my Shit down fa me. I guess she really did love me. She was beautiful too. I could see why i might of been wit her. She that wifey type. The kinda female you keep close and refuses to be played to the side. Who knows, i might try to wife her up one day. But not today. Got too much pussy to pound.

I walked down my stairs and sat on my couch. I was havin chest pains and my medicine for them was always a particular commercial. I picked up the remote and turned on the TV. On the screen was some dumb ass TV show. I flipped the channel and came across the commercial for Palmer &Sons Contractors. In the commercial was the light-skinned nigga from the hospital and the pretty brown-skinned chick named Rita. She looked beautiful as ever. She was givin a testimonial about how he renovated her house for a laundry room. I wasn't even payin attention to what she was sayin, i just watched her every move. Just lookin at her grabbed my interest. I don't know why im so connected to this girl, but it's like she has a hold on me. I see this commercial all the time and i mainly watch TV just to catch it. She draws me to her without even doin nothin. And my chest pains always go away when i see her. The commercial went off and the familiar pains came rushin back. I really need to figure out how to get rid of these pains cuz i can't go through life, always in pain. That commercial won't run forever. 

 I went in the bathroom cabinet and took out some extra-strength Tylenol. I took two tablets and laid down. I drifted off to sleep thinkin bout Rita.

|Kurtis has a Dream| 

Im standin at the end of the aisle of my grandmother's church. I look around and the church is packed with seemingly familiar faces. To my right stands the preacher and to my left stands Jinx. Im dressed in a white tux and so is Jinx. I lean over and ask him, "What is this?" He looks at me like im stupid and says, "Man, you gettin married today. What's wrong wit you?" I laugh my ass off. "Have you forgotten who you talkin to? This is me--- Kurtis. Since when am i the settlin down type?" He shifted his gaze to the end of the aisle. "Since you met her." he said wit a grin. I looked to where he was lookin and a woman was gracefully makin her way down the aisle. The veil in front of her face prevented me from seein who it was but the rest of her was beautiful. She hugged and kissed some people she knew while walkin towards me. When she finally reached me, i lifted my hand to remove her veil but before i could, shots rang out.........

[Kurtis P.O.V.] 

I woke up outta my sleep, confused and pissed off cuz i wanted to know who the girl was that would make me want to put a ring on her finger. If i was to ever get married, it gotta be to somebody who matches me perfectly. Down to earth, book and street smart, money right so she don't need me fa mine, different from other females, meanin she gotta be 100% real and have her own opinion about Shit. I don't want some broad that'll do whatever i say. That's what you have a dog for. She gotta be my ride or die, my best friend, my therapist, my mind-regulator, my medicine, my heart. Always ready to put somebody in the ground fa playin me and quick to beat my ass if i disrespect her or act a fool. Somebody who will keep me on the right track and won't put up wit my bull. When i meet that girl....... she'll be who i marry. 

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

5 months later.........

Kurtis POV:

I woke up to the sun shinin on my face. I stretched and got out of bed, still tired as fuck. I ain't been gettin no type of good sleep since i first had that dream. I have it every night and it's always the same. I can't see her face and when im bout to take off the veil, gun shots and i wake up. Its slowly drivin me insane. I can't focus on Shit and im startin to doubt myself. Then i keep gettin these flashbacks of stuff i don't even remember happenin. And they all involve Rita. Wait.... am i gettin my memory back? I contemplated it then decided to really buckle down and find her. I gotta ask her some questions. I got cleaned up and dressed in a beige polo fleece sweater and jeans wit wheat timberlands. I brushed my hair shaved and left my house. I started down the road to the trap house. I came to a sudden stop cuz some dumbass in front of me put on they breaks too soon. It caused my glove compartment to fly open and my registration papers flew all over the floor. As i put the papers back, i came across a picture of me and Rita. She wore a yellow and white sun-dress and i wore a yellow polo shirt wit a white fitted. I hugged her from behind and we smiled at the camera as she took the picture. As i looked at the picture, i began to have a flashback of somethin i didn't remember.

We were outside at a barbecue of a friend of mine's. I was holdin her close to me cuz niggas was lookin at her too hard. It was one in particular that was pissin me off. He kept tryna get her to come over to him and tellin her how sexy she was. She just looked at him in disgust and said, "Babe, im goin inside to help wit the food." Then she kissed me and walked inside. His gaze never left her ass as the signature sway of her hips disappeared into the house. He spoke.

"Damn. A Bitch that fine need to be wifed a.s.a.p."

"She is so fall back." i spoke up. He looked over at me and smirked. 

"We'll see."

"Fuck you mean, 'we'll see'? Nigga, this ain't open fa discussion. This is fact: You will NEVER get her. That's all me. Fall back before you get pushed back, got it? Oh and don't keep tellin her she sexy. That's clear to everybody up in here." i said gettin in his face.

He got angry and looked like he wanted to hit. Rita came runnin out the house and pulled me away from him. In her hand was her digital camera.

"Babe, take a picture with me." she said, tryna distract me. She smiled her beautiful smile and pleaded with me to calm down.

"Babe, i don't know why you feel the need to get angry over some random nigga. I love you. Nobody will ever change that. Your my one and only. You should know that. So turn that angry frown upside down and take this picture with me, sexy." she said with a seductive smile. I smiled and she turned around and snapped the picture.

End of Flashback..........

All of a sudden, all these feelings and memories flooded my mind and realized that i had gotten my memory back. The love i had for Rita and the respect i had for her. The memories of her helpin me get over my grandmother's death. The memories of our love-makin and her first time. They all came rushing back and i sat there........ speechless. What have i done? Why didn't i remember her? She's my life, my everything. How do you forget your everything? I came back to reality when a car honked behind me. I was holdin up traffic. I started my car again. But this time, i wasn't headed to the trap house, i headed to her house.