Mixed Emotions pt.3

Mixed emotions....... pt.3

+Rita P.O.V.+

He let me go and then clutched his chest. He looked like he was in pain.

"A-Are you okay?" i asked.

"I don't know." he said, right before he fell to the floor.

"Oh my God!!! Somebody call 911!!!" i yelled. I got on my knees and asked him, “Kurtis, can you hear me?" He nodded.

"Can you tell me what hospital you normally go to?"

"Christ. Christ Hospital."

One of the store clerks came over to me and said, “I’ve called an ambulance!"

"Thank you!" i said.

"Rita?" said Kurtis.

"What is it, sweetie?" i asked.

"Can you hold my hand?" he said with hopeful eyes. He looked so adorable. I grabbed his hand and rubbed his cheek.

"Just because you sick don't mean im goin on a date with you." He smiled.

After about 10 minutes the ambulance came. They put him on a stretcher and put him in the back of the ambulance.

"Rita, come with me." he said.

"No, im sorry sir but only close family can ride in the ambulance with you."

"Man, shut the hell up! That's my fiancée." said Kurtis. This boy is really gettin a kick outta tellin people that.

"Ain't that right, babe?" he said lookin at me.

"Uh.... sure." i said.

The only reason i agreed was because i didn't want him to be by himself at the hospital. I didn't have my car so i couldn't follow the ambulance. Ridin with him was my only option. I climbed into the ambulance and it rushed to the hospital. I sat in the waiting room, tryin to figure out how im gonna complete his paperwork when i don't know a thing about him. Then it hit me. I pulled out my phone and called Mama King.

"Chile, where y'all at? I been waitin fa days!" she said.

"Mama King, you have to come to the hospital right now. Kurtis collapsed in Biggs’s and i don't know how to fill out his paperwork."

"What?! My poor grandbaby! Im on my way right now." she said. We hung up and i waited for her to get here. She arrived about 15 minutes later and asked me a million questions. I answered all the ones i could then we waited for a doctor to tell us what was goin on.

She filled out his paperwork and just as she was finishing up, a doctor came out and said, “Fiancée of Kurtis King?"

"That's me." i said standin up. Mama King gave me a crazy look and i whispered, “I’ll explain later."

She nodded and then said, “Well doctor, please tell me somethin about my grandson." The doctor looked at, what im guessin is Kurtis's chart and then back up at us.

"We couldn't find a thing wrong with him. His blood pressure was normal, no sign of an unusual heartbeat, not even so much as a mild case of heart burn." he said.

"Wait. What do you mean nothing's wrong with him? He collapsed from pains in his chest. There's gotta be something wrong with him. People don't just randomly fall out in the middle of the grocery store when nothing's wrong with them." i said, in disbelief.

"Well according to all the tests we've run on him, there isn't anything wrong with him so you all can take him home today." said the doctor and walked away. I was astonished.

"Well praise God. My grandbaby is okay. Hallelujah!!!" said Mama King, with lifted hands and a big smile. I smiled and walked up to the front desk.

"Hi. How may i help you?" said a cheerful nurse.

"I wanted to know if i could see my fiancé, Kurtis King." Dang. It felt kinda weird to say that.

But a sort of....... good weird.

"Actually he is being discharged in a couple minutes so you can just wait for him here." she said.

"Okay." i replied and told Mama King what she said. A few minutes later, a nurse wheeled him out of emergency.

"My grandbaby! You okay?" said Mama King.

He chuckled and said, “Yes ma'am." He signed his discharge papers and we left. I helped him into Mama King's car then we drove back to Bigg's to pick up his car. As i helped him out of the car, he handed me his car keys.

"I can't drive like this. I want you to drive." he said.

"I don't know." i said kinda unsure.

"It’s okay." he said and smiled at me.

"Okay." i said lookin away. I helped him into his passenger seat then got behind the wheel.

I pulled up to Mama King's house and turned off the car.

"Rita, i know you said you wouldn't go on a date with me but what im gonna ask you to do is not a date. It's just a thank you dinner for gettin me to the hospital. So...... will you have dinner with me?" he said, with pleading eyes. I thought about it and then gave in.

"Okay. Just dinner. No funny business." i said.

He smiled and said, “I promise. No funny business."

 zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

DONT WORRY, I'M UPlOADING MORE IN A COUPLE MINS!!!