Family reunited

The first death of the war happened. Cedric Diggory. The popular Hufflepuff. Although no one but the golden trio, most of the Hogwarts staff, Draco, and I knew otherwise.

The Triwizard tournament is known for death.

Getting sent home early sent my nerves on fire. Cissy had let me know in a brief letter that I had to decipher that my father was staying at the manor and now I would also very staying full time at the manor.

Draco of course knew as we talked about everything that worried us without keeping secrets like the last time.

Our hands intertwined and rested on my thigh.

He was worried about being marked as a death eater and I was terrified to meet my father for the first time in my life.

Pansy sat across from us worried about us seeing as we are at the front lines at the manor. Theo tried to raise the mood but it was half-hearted. Blaise was his usual silent watchful self. While Daphne was passed out next to the window.

~~~

Cissy was there when the Hogwarts express stopped she was wearing one of her more fancy black and white dresses.

She had warned us to look our best which meant I was in a black knee-length halter top dress with a pair of matching black heels and Draco was in an entirely black suit. I also had on the necklace from my first year and those three throwing knives as well as my wand tucked away under my skirt.

We got off the train with my hand properly tucked into Draco's arm.

"There you are my dears" Cissy greeted as she examined us. "Glad you both worked everything out" she smiled half heatedly "now we should be off don't want to keep him waiting" Grabbing our shoulders we disappeared in a snap and reappeared in the grand hall of the manor.

Cissy led the way to the dining room sparing us both a worried glance before I saw her visibly turn emotionless. I did the same and I could assume Draco did the same by the new stiffness in his arm.

Walking in our shoes clicked on the stone floor and a pale skinny figure in large black robes looked over to us. Being on high alert made me notice a black box next to him and that Luicis was kicked out of his spot at the head of the table.

"my dear daughter" The figure I know recognize as the devil of my father got up and rushed to awkwardly hug me.

"Hello father" I greeted politely my voice strong, smooth, and wavering despite my instincts telling me to run and take cover.

I'm back I heard Medusa hiss as she slithered over to me. My father looked fascinated as he stepped away from me.

"happy hunting I hope" I greeted my familiar

a few juicy mice and lizards were a tasty snack Medusa found herself back on my forearm.

'"you have a familiar" Father sounded pleased

"of course, Father" I gave a fake smile "this is Medusa"

"excellent" he smiled but it looked weird because of the fact he didn't have a nose or any actual human features, "Lucius tells me you are dating his son Draco" his beady eyes flick behind me towards Draco.

"I am, Father" I turned to face Draco with a small smile as my father approached him. Draco was as stiff as a board when my father embraced him awkwardly as he did me.

"Welcome to the family, my boy" he tried to sound pleasant but it seemed forced. "I have a gift for you, my dear, Florence" he turned quickly and rushed to the box that was by his side. He handed it to me delicately "you have turned into such a... pretty woman... spitting image of your mother"

I gave him again one of my best-forced smiles as I opened the box and sitting on a white satin pillow a crown. It was beautiful black and silver crown but I was confused.

My brows furrowed as I looked up at him. "For you my dear you after all stand to inherit all that I give you and I plan to give you the wizarding world" he took the crown out of the box with his long pale fingers and placed it on my head fixing a few strands of hair. "They deserve to know who their princess is" he looked pleased.

"Thank you, father"

"I do after all have to make up for all I missed" he hugged me again.