A wolf in girls clothing

Classes were good and now it's time to see what Hargid got for us as well as the new DADA teacher. Right now we headed outside towards Hagrid's hut.

"C'mon now, get a move on! Got a real treat for yeh. Great lesson comin' up. Follow me." Hagrid led us into the Forbidden Forest and into a pretty open shaded area. 

Picking a rock near the other Slytherins I set down my book and removed my robe and rolled up my sleeves. Pulling out the monster book. 

"Gather 'round. Find yourself a spot. That's it. Now, firs' thing ye'll want ter do is open yer books --"

"And exactly how do we do that?" Draco spoke harshly. His book like all of ours bound with belts.

I smacked him on the back of the head "I told you how you nitwit"

"Crikey. Didn' yeh know? All ye've got ter do is stroke 'em. Look --" Hagrid said a little sheepishly. 

I opened my book with no issue scratching its sweet spot on the back left corner. It shuttered and the pages fluttered.

"See Riddle got it" Hagrid looked pleased "Righ' then. So... so... yeh've got yer books, an' now yeh need the Magical Creatures. Right. So... I'll... I'll go an' get 'em." he was still shaken from the rest of the class not knowing how to handle the books. He disappeared into the trees.

"God, this place is going to the dogs. Wait until my father hearsDumbledore's got this oaf teaching classes." Draco complains and I give him a sharp look.

"Listen, you stupid prat --" and here goes Potter again going in hot-headed.

"Potter, there's a Dementor behind you." Draco fakes trembles and stuttering back pointing. I cross my arms and roll my eyes. 

Potter flinches and turns to try and spot the imaginary Dementor. he turns and Pansy, Draco, Crabbe, and Goyle pull up their robe hoods and shake their fingers making an 'ooohhh' sound.

I shake my head in disappointment and Draco at least looked a little shameful about it when he saw my disappointment.  

"Gee up, there! Beau'iful, isn' he?" Hagrid seemed to have perked up a bit as he leads a Hypogriff into the clearing. 

"a Hippogriff" I mumbled to myself.

Everyone was staring at it carefully.

"Hagrid. Exactly what is that?" Weasley said carefully.

"A Hippogriff, o' course. Now, firs' thing yeh gotta know is they're proud. Easily offended, Hippogriffs are. Don't never insult one, 'cause it migh' be the las' thing yeh do. Right then -- who wants ter come an'say hello?" Everyone stepped backward beside me and Potter. 

"ah! good, Harry... Florence" Hagrid oblivious that the entire class was timid to the animal. "Tha's it. Easy now..." Potter spared a glance at each other before moving up to the creature "stop! This here's Buckbeak. Yeh wants ter let 'im make the firs' move. It's polite, see? Jus' take a step forward, give 'im a bow, and if Buckbeak bows back, yeh're allowed ter touch him. Ready?"

I bowed at the same time as Potter not losing my eye contact with the large creature. 

"back off you two! only slightly" Hagrid instructs. 

I take a few steps back, Potter in sync with me.

"Well done, Harry and Florence! Go on. Give 'im a pat."  Hesitantly we both raise our hands to pet the feathered beast. I was fascinated as I only have read about these animals in the Spinners End and Malfoy Manor Library. "Look at that! I reckon he migh'let yeh ride 'im!"

My eyes widened "What!" "excuse me?" Potter and I chorused.

"We'll jus' set yeh behind the wing joint. Mind yeh don' pull any feathers out. He won' like that."

Hagrid ignores our shocked protests and swooped both of us in his arms and placed us on Buckbeaks back. Before I could try and figure out what was happening. Buckbeak went galloping forward. 

I gripped onto what I could which was unfortunately Potter's waist.

When we finally got into the air soaring I sat up and looked at the view. "Woah..." 

Buckbeak dived again and I threw my arms back around Potter. The flight smoothed out again as we glided over the water. Once again I let go again and enjoyed the breeze in my long hair. I let out a carefree laugh as Potter whooped in excitement.

Hagrid whistled off into the distance and Buckbeak gently flew back to the forest opening.

I slide off easily, Potter following behind me.  

As I walk back to the group of Slytherins. Draco breaks through the crowd sauntering towards Buckbeak. "Give me a go at that thing. IfPotter can do it, it must beeasy. You're not dangerous atall, are you, you great uglybrute --"

"Draco, No!" I yell at the same time Hagrid shouts "Malfoy, No!"

My instincts kicked and quicker than what my mind comprehended I grabbed Draco by his robe and pulled him off to the side of a rearing Buckbeak and behind me. I was crouched slightly and was on the balls off my feet as I moved back away from the insulted, Hippogriff pushing Draco along with me. My right hand was on Draco's chest, my left was by my side Medusa had come and she was coiled ready to strike between my feet. 

"Hagrid" My voice was deadly calm as I didn't lose eye contact with Buckbeak, my wolf side refusing to back down. "give me the ferrets" I hold out my left hand awaiting a dead ferret or two so I could distract the bird. Buckbeak was obviously hesitant to attack me because I think he probably senses my animagus but that didn't stop him from stomping adjetadetly a few feet in front of us.

Under my right hand, I could feel Draco's heart beating fast and hard. He had clearly didn't think it through and the almost outcome shook him.

When I felt something furry gently laid in my left hand I threw it away from Draco and me.  Hagrid quickly takes over and takes Buckbeak back to the paddock in deeper amongst the trees.

"Class Dismissed!" Hagrid yelled "Florence... would you mind staying for a moment?" I nodded resetting my bag down but keeping my rope slung over my shoulder and Medusa in her rightful place on my arm. Draco looked at me concerned at me.

"I'll be fine, Dray I'll meet you in DADA" I smiled reassuringly but he didn't look convinced. Looing over to Pansy 'look after him for me' I mouthed. Pansy nodded grinned and wiggled her eyebrows at me. I just rolled my eyes and refocused on Hagrid.

"How did ye' know what to do?" Hagrid looked curiously at me.

"I don't know Professor," I say semi-honestly "was kind of an instinct... Draco's family and I'll do anything to protect my family"

"Well I just want ter thank ye', it could have been disastrous if he had hurt Malfoy or you for that matter" Hagrid shakes his head as to get rid of that thought.

I nodded in understanding Draco getting hurt would have involved Lucius and Lucius is well vicious. Being as vicious as he is well... I don't want to think about it. 

"well ye' best be off" Hagrid shooed me away and I grabbed my bag and decided to jog back to the castle. It took me a few short moments and I was back in the castle and in front of my next class. 

DADA