You think me a monster by my blood

Potter managed to save the school and the rest of the year ( a short few months) he gave me looks as we passed in the halls, in class, and in the great hall. It was a look of hatred and loathing. That look alone told me he knew, that he knew I was the daughter of you-know-who.

I didn't try and approach him this time. I didn't want to start a fight. I didn't want to draw attention to myself.

And I'll be that monster... for Potter, for his friends... for my father.

I'll be the monster till I can be an angel

Pushing those thoughts away I thought about becoming an animagus. I've kept it a secret from everyone but as we get the train I think about telling Draco.

Us Slytherin Royals got our compartment and it didn't take long for Pansy and Daphne to go say goodbye to some other friends and Crabbe and Goyle to go find food.

Leaving Draco and me alone in the compartment. I take a deep breath before eyeing the door making sure it's closed.

"You alright there, Flor?" Draco asked concerned

"I have to tell you something" I look at him in his blue-grey eyes. He looks worried brows furrowed "The reason why I'm spending the first two months of summer with Uncle Sev"

"And that is because..." he motions me to continue

"To become an animagus"

"WHAT!?" he said shocked sinking into the bench across from me "Why don't we do it together," he asked hopefully.

I shook my head grimly "Uncle Sev asked your parents, they said no"

"but- but" he tried to reason

"Aunt Cissy didn't want me to either... Uncle Sev convinced her and he tried to get her to try and let you make your own choice but she wouldn't budge"

"does... does anyone else know?" Draco sounded hurt and he wouldn't look at me.

"no..." I look down ashamed that I hurt my best friend "only Uncle Sev, Aunt Cissy, and you"

"my father and the ministry?"

I shook my head "I'll be an undocumented animagi... at least till we graduate"

"why?"

"a gut feeling... Uncle Sev agreed"

"Know what you'll be?" his voice perked up slightly as now he was curious.

"no, no one does till they transform for the first time," I say I raise my head and gave Draco a small smile "forgive me" I pleaded

"only once you get back to the manor and show me" he grins cheekily at me

"naturally" I laugh

~~~

I was prepared the mandrake leaf was being taken out of my mouth and added to the potion Uncle Sev made for me. The process was tiring as I had to repeat 'Amato Animo Animato Animagus' daily. All of which was timed perfectly with the electrical storm coming.

I was standing under the black umbrella Uncle Sev was holding, my light grey dress and emerald cloak tugged on my body as the wind whipped around me from the storm, I fingered the necklace Draco got me before our first year as Sev's face was lit up by a strike of lightning, and nerves of excitement racked my body.

"ready?" he asked looking straight ahead.

I nodded "ready," I said now more determined than I have been in previous days. I discarded my cloak and kicked off my flats.

Handing me the bloodred potion in a veil. I grabbed the cool glass and stepped out of the safety of the umbrella. The rain pounded at me from all sides as I drank the potion. Dropping the glass on the wet and muddy grass I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. 

Almost instantly I felt my senses sharpen in the distance I could hear animals in the trees chattering, trying to get warm, and seek shelter. I could smell grass and dirt clearly, the rain, Uncle Sev, and two deer off in the trees probably miles away. I opened my eyes and it was sharper no longer did the grey mist of the rain cloud my vision, I could see the trees, the greenness of the leaves, and the detail of the bark.

Bones began to shift and muscles twist. I grunted at the new feeling doing my best not to scream. A moment later I was on all fours. I looked over myself. Fur and a tail. So a dog then... my fur was black and slightly curly, like my human hair. A glance at my chest showed a snake-like symbol similar to the snake on the necklace I wear.

I took a sprint and found myself enjoying myself. Stoping and turning I saw Uncle in the distance and I ran back. My paws thumped on the wet ground as I approached. Slowing I trotted and before I got into range I shook my fur aware of how my skin moves to get the water off.  

I sat down on my hindquarters when I got under the umbrella again.

I was a rather large dog if I was a little above the height of Uncles hip.

"Should have known you would be a wolf, Florence"

Wolf!?! Woah...

"Now you know what to do to turn back... just like we practiced"

I closed my eyes and cleared my head picturing myself as a human. My black wavy hair, blue eyes, and porcelain skin.

The feeling of bones shifting and muscles twisting washed over me and with a grunt or two I was standing barefoot my hair and dress soaking, and I could feel chunks of my hair plastered to the sides of my face.

"you have had one of the smoothest transformations I have ever seen" he seemed pleased. I picked up my shoes and fastened my cloak around my shoulders.

I couldn't help but grin up at him. I had done it and I was proud.

"Now use this form carefully. No one should know and especially not your father if he should return" He said sternly. The rain was slowing now.

"I can keep a secret" I turned serious at the mention of my father. Subconsciously I touched my wand which was slightly vibrating. Augury core wands are sensitive to the rain, much like the bird.