anticipation

My moments alone I spent looking at the silver band. Wondering about how my father will use it to contact me. I had long since given up on trying to get it off. Hiding it amongst an assortment of silver rings.

When we got our 4th-year letters and a personal invite to the quidditch world cup in the minister's box Cissy had taken me dress shopping. Using it as an excuse to get away from the boys and have a girl's day.

A very rare occurrence nowadays.

We went store to store. Trying in hundreds of dresses. Cissy knew what event was going to happen at school but refused to tell me or Draco and for whatever it was she got me fitted into a back maxi dress with two slits for both my legs, along the back was a silver snake down my spine held up with many small silver chains, and for shoes were black heels with silver snake tails wrapped around my ankle.

 Cissy knew what event was going to happen at school but refused to tell me or Draco and for whatever it was she got me fitted into a back maxi dress with two slits for both my legs, along the back was a silver snake down my spine held up with man...

And despite all the black I had to admit I looked good

And despite all the black I had to admit I looked good. The Slytherin Princess representation.

For the quidditch world cup... You guess it was another black dress. This time turtlenecked and long-sleeved. It went about mid-thigh, my left shoulder was exposed and a silver embroidered snake was the length of the enter sleeve. Medusa very much approved of it. For shoes were knee-high black leather boots.

When shopping died down and we finally sat down for lunch at one of the more down to earth places Cissy asked a question I wasn't quite expecting with all the friendly conversation about how Draco and I relationship

"The ring in your thumb I never see you without it these days" her eyes flicked to it quickly.

"That's cause I can't, Aunt Cissy" I sighed

"Why can't you. It can't have a significant value to you" she was confused

"It's stuck on my finger. No spell and no amount of force can take it off... It's my father's way of marking me" I say the last part lowly only for her to hear.

I hear a small gasp from her. "He's already gotten to you?" She was scared obviously but hid it well.

I nodded "through a man called Wormtail"

"Bloody Hell..." She shakes her head and looks around the room for possible eavesdroppers. "At least he's not giving you the bloody tattoo"

I nod still processing that my always well-composed godmother cursed "there's not much time"

She shakes her head "no there's not" she mutters "does Draco know?"

I shake my head "he's already worried enough as it is. The least I can do is shoulder my own problems"

"He'll need you, you know," she says softly

"I know," I said gravely "and I'll be by his side like I always have"

~~~

We headed to the large coliseum for the world cup. I was attached to Draco's arm as we walked up the steps. We attracted some eyes, Draco responded by pulling me closer to his side which made my smile widen slightly at his protectiveness.

We were almost to the minister box when Draco stopped and looked up. Following his line of sight, I saw the Weasleys plus Potter and Granger.

"Blimey Dad, how far up are we?" Ron Weasley exclaims.

Lucius came to a stop behind us "Well put it this way, if it rains... You'll be the first to know" he says, cooly.

They all glare down at us. "We're I'm the minister's box, by personal invitation of Cornelius Fudge himself" Draco puffs out his chest and tightens his grip on my waist.

I quickly kissed his cheek "be nice, Dray" though by my tone he knew I was somewhat joking and I enjoyed his protectiveness.

"Don't boast Draco. There's no need for these people. Do enjoy yourself won't you. While you still can" Lucius says ominously as Cissy finally joins us and we're ushered to our seats.

I furrowed my brows for a half-second in confusion about Lucius's threat. But then again when did Lucius not sound like he's giving out threats.

Sitting in the stands we had the perfect view of the players. It was a competitive match, both Draco and I were sucked in only to get a wack or two from Cissy when we weren't acting properly.

Publicly she was strict but privately she was motherly and kind. We had to follow an example. Backs straight, a smile, and a clap here and there to be polite. No standing up, cheering, acting like a maniac, or anything considered below the rank of pureblood.

When the match was done and the Irish had won we went to our lavish tent. I was on the love seat with Draco, Cissy was in a corner reading a book, and Lucius was god knows where. 

My ring heated up and I looked down at it and what I feared happened an orange outline of the dark mark appeared on the silver band. 'you need to go my precious daughter' a raspy voice rang through my head. I sat up, Draco followed concerned.

"Flor?"

That's when the tent shook and screams took place. Cissy threw her book down and stood up hurriedly. "Draco! Florence! Quickly" we rushed in the middle and once she got a solid hold on us we apparated. Landing on our feet at the edge of the woods surrounding the stadium. 

Turning around I saw the fire and spells being fired aimlessly around. My eyes widened as in the sight.

It has started...