Parseltongue chaos

Muggle-Borns were being attacked left and right. Medusa and I narrowed the snake down to a Baskilisk a large snake with the power to kill when you look into its eyes though you just end up paralyzed if you look indirectly at it. I had written a note one in which I was going to give Charon, my sooty-looking great horned owl to deliver to Gryffindor tower. I didn't sign it but figured they would probably recognize the owl if they looked closely.

"Gather round! Gather round! Can everyone see me? Can you all hear me? Excellent. In light of the dark events of recent weeks, Professor Dumbledore has granted me permission to start this little Dueling Club, to train you all up in case you ever need to defend yourselves as I myself have done on countless occasions -- for full details, see my published works." We were in Lockhart's stupid class again and I prepared myself to lose a few more brain cells as I stand in his presence. "Let me introduce my assistant Professor Snape. He has sportingly agreed to help me with a short demonstration. Now I don't want any of you, youngsters, to worry. You'll still have your Potions master when I'm through with him, never fear!" Uncle Sev will squash you like the little insect you are.

I stood in the back as to be as far away as to try and be as far away as possible from Lockhart. Draco was a little in front of me as he was eager to see Lockhart fail miserably.

Uncle Sev and Lockhart went through the basic dueling moves which he had taught me and Draco the summer before we came to Hogwarts. At least maim him, Uncle. I was practically begging.

"As you can see, we are holding our wands in the accepted combative position. On the count of three,we will cast our first spells.Neither of us will be aiming to kill, of course."  I would be if I was on the other side of you. "One-two-three --"

"Expelliarmus!" Uncle Sev fires off a scarlet light sending Lockhart's wand as well as himself flying. My lips twinge upward at the sight.

"Well, there you have it. That was a Disarming Charm. As you see, I've lost my wand." Unfortunately, he staggers back onto his feet. "Ah, thank you, Miss Granger. Yes, an excellent idea to show them that, Professor Snape, but if you don't mind my saying so, it was very obvious what you were about to do. If I had wanted to stop you it would have been only too easy..." You were caught unawares, you dumb little man. Hell, Uncle Sev wasn't even trying!

"Perhaps it would be prudent to first teach the students to block unfriendly spells, Professor." I can see even from the distance I'm at that Uncle is displeased. 

"An excellent suggestion, ProfessorSnape. Let's have a volunteer pair. Potter, Weasley, how about you?" I roll my eyes at this

"Weasley's wand causes devastation with the simplest spells. We'll be sending Potter to the hospital wing in a matchbox. Might I suggest someone from my own house? Riddle or Malfoy, perhaps." My lips twitch up again, either one of us this would be entertaining in a duel with hot-headed Potter. 

Lockhart loos between us before saying "Mr. Malfoy, if you will"

and... this will be the talk of the school for the next couple of weeks.

Pansy and I move closer to the front. I was standing near a Hufflepuff who looked slightly uncomfortable I was next to him.

"Scared, Potter?" Draco and Potter get into position

"You wish" Potter replies and Pansy and I share a grin knowing this will be good. Cause here in front of us is the biggest rivalry at Hogwarts.

"Wands at the ready! When I count to three, cast your charms to disarm your opponent -- only to disarm. We don't want any accidents. One, two --"

Draco fires a spell early. A flash of white knocks down Potter. Impressive Dray, gotten better at that spell.

"Rictusempra!" Potter scrambles to his feet. It hits Draco in the stomach and I hear a soft gasp.

"I said disarm only!" Lockhart panics. This is what you get when you put rivals together. My lips twitch up in amusement.

"Serpensortia!" A long black snake appears and both me and Uncle Sev are amused by Draco's spell. 

"Don't move, Potter. I'll get rid of it for you." Uncle Sev decides to step in.

"Allow me!" I look skeptical at that I had heard what he had done to Potter's arm the day of our quidditch match. With a flick of his wand, the snake goes flying now clearly angrier than it had been and it sets its sights on the Hufflepuff boy next to me.

I took a step forward and in front of the boy. "feel like a fight, Medusa if it gets to that"

always Medusa drops to the floor. Causing students other than Slytherin to take a step back at the sight of a second snake. 

"I wouldn't if I were you" I speak to the cobra who sways as he looks at me. 

"Leave him!" Potter joins in taking careful steps towards the snake. I didn't know he was a parseltongue.

fight me if you dare

"Back down" I give the snake a hard stare down and it backs away slightly.

"LEAVE HIM!" Potter hisses

The cobra lungs slightly but Medusa was quick in dodging then biting the snake. Uncle Sev steps in quickly and with a flick of his wand the snake disintegrates.

plack- nasty ashy taste Medusa whines as she slithers back to my arm under my sleeve. 

"What are you playing at Harry," the Hufflepuff says defensively.

Potter looks confused and I open my mouth to try and explain in probably the only time I'd defend a Gryffindor.

"If Riddle and her pet snake didn't step in..." he didn't finish he was running out with his friends.

"No, I..." Potter tried to say.

"Come on. Move. Now." Weasley grabs his arms and drags him out as he sends me a confused look.

~~~

rumors were flying. Two parselmouths. One good, one bad. The good being surprisingly Slytherin while the other Gryffindor. Rumor had it Potter and I was twins separated at birth. Using the evil twin cliche. 

Potter is the evil twin heir of Slytherin even though he is in Gryffindor while Riddle the good twin is a Slytherin fighting for the rights of Muggle-borns. 

It honestly sounded like it would be a good book and I would probably read it.

Although it had some repercussions. Some of my housemates thought I wasn't Slytherin enough, while others thought I fit in more because I was a parselmouth, and interestingly enough my popularity with other houses skyrocketed especially with the Hufflepuffs.

Draco was not mad in fact he laughed at me for being out of my comfort zone. I wasn't used to being greeted in the hallways by everyone. It was just weird... Cedric Diggory had told me hello and patted me on the back. Some Ravenclaws fired questions at me about Medusa.

While Pansy acted as a guard dog as we walked down the halls. It was quite amusing to see people wanting to say hi to me only to run when Pansy glared. She however did fangirl when Cedric Diggory gave me that pat on the back even though he was a Hufflepuff.

 I had sent the note to Granger and I could spot her and the others in the library checking my information as well as trying to figure out who sent it. Whispers of a black great horned owl. 

Potter however looked like he wanted to speak to me every time he saw me but thought better of it when I had one or two Slytherins by my side.