(Part One: The Countdown) Silence Is Golden? Ch. 1

• Dedicated to The People Who Are Still Reading X)

Here's chapter one because I don't want you to be left hanging at the flash forward!

this would be the present day....

love you all!

cheesehead

ps. The picture to the right is a picture of Lukas (HAAWWWT)

Chapter One

    Day Twenty.

          “Luke, stop,” I laughed as I tried to worm away from his hands. Luke laughed loudly before he continued to tickle my sides. I squirmed under his touch and tried to slap his hands away. “Seriously stop,” I begged, “Stop.”

          Luke smirked at me as he straddled my waist and pinned my arms above my head. He leaned down close to me as if he was going to kiss me. His lips were just millimeters away from mine and it was killing me. “Are you going to stop talking to the TV?” He murmured.

          “I don’t know what you’re talking about,” I giggled, faking innocent. Luke playfully glared at me before he held my wrists with one hand and tickled my sides again with his free one. “Alright, alright,” I screamed, my sides aching.

          Luke stopped and smirked at me. “What are you going to do?” He asked, with a playful grin.

          “Stop talking to the TV,” I answered dutifully.

          “And?” Luke pressed, raising an eyebrow.

          I rolled my eyes and was about to stay silent until Luke raised his hand as if it were a warning. I squealed in protest before I yelled, “Okay, okay! And I have the hottest boyfriend in the world.”

          Luke smiled broadly before he leaned forward and pressed his lips against mine. I sighed lightly and melted into his touch. Luke pulled away with a chuckle before he rolled off of me, pulling me into his arms tightly.

          He nuzzled his nose against my neck and I giggled right away. Dang it, he knew where I was ticklish. “Luke, stop,” I whined, “I want to watch the TV.”

          “Well how can you if you keep talking to it?” He chuckled, holding me tightly against his side. I pressed my face into his chest and took in his scent.

          “They ask questions,” I shrugged, “And I answer.”

          “You’re so weird,” Luke whispered into my ear, “But that’s what I love most about you.”

          I looked up at him and pouted slightly. “It’s not because of how cute I am?”

          Luke scrunched his nose up, “Nah.” I playfully hit him on the chest and snuggled closer to him as another commercial came onto the TV.

          There was a loud knock on Luke’s bedroom door and we both looked towards the door. “LUKAS!” His little sister, Ruth, hollered, “MOM SAYS TIMES UP! EITHER COME DOWNSTAIRS OR GET OUT OF THE HOUSE.”

          Luke looked down at me and rolled his eyes. His family was very religious and Mrs. Green only gave us twenty minutes alone in his room together. After that we had to interact with the family or leave. “Let’s get out of here,” He whispered in my ear.

          “No,” I argued, “I want to talk with your family.”

          “Nooooo,” Luke groaned, throwing his head back. I laughed and rolled away from him. Immediately Luke reached for me again, trying to hold onto me even though I was out of reach. “Hey, come back here.”

          “Hmmm,” I thought, “No.”

          Luke rolled his eyes before he jumped off of his bed and raced towards me. I squealed playfully and ran out of the bedroom, barreling down the stairs, and into the kitchen where I knew I would be able to find protection.

          In the kitchen stood Mrs. Green, like always, and some of Luke’s siblings. I rushed behind Luke’s younger brother, Keith, and held on to the back of his shirt tightly. “What’s going on?” Keith laughed.

          “Your brother,” I hissed.

          Luke came barreling down the stairs with a big smile on his face. He saw me standing behind his brother, and his eyes narrowed. “Now Izzy,” He smirked, “Do you really think my baby brother is going to protect you from me?”

          “Hey,” Keith yelled, trying hard to fight a smile.

          I rolled my eyes. “Oh come on, Luke,” I retorted, “We all know that Keith could beat you up any day.”

          Luke raised an eyebrow. He stepped forward loudly with his fist raised. Keith squealed like a little girl before he darted away from us. I stared in shock. “KEITH,” I whined.

          “Sorry, Isabel,” He winced, “I will admit that I’m scared of Lukas.” I rolled my eyes and sighed loudly.

          Luke looked at me with a victorious smirk before he swooped closer and grabbed me by the waist. He pressed his nose against my cheek before he kissed me lightly on my cheek. Then he leaned close to my ear and whispered, “I love you.”

          “I love you too,” I told him with a smile.

          “Alright, alright,” Mrs. Green scolded, “Enough of that lovey dovey stuff. You two are making me sick.”   

          “I second that,” Keith called from across the room. Luke shot his brother a look before he held me closer to his chest.

          “Alright, alright,” Mrs. Green reprimanded, “Everyone stop fighting. Now Luke, get out of my house. I’m done with you boy.”

          “But Ma,” Luke groaned.

          “Come on,” I told him, “We have to get going any way.”

          Luke looked at the clock and his eyes widened. “Oh jeez, you’re right,” He nodded, “Let’s go. Bye Mama, bye whimp.”

          Keith shot his brother a scornful look before he collapsed into one of the kitchen chairs. I wiggled out of Luke’s arms and hugged him tightly. “Don’t worry, Keithie,” I cooed, “I don’t think you’re a whimp.”

          Keith went to hug me back but Luke quickly pulled me back into his arms. “Um, mine,” Luke warned his brother, making me roll my eyes.

          “Lukas,” Mrs. Green warned, “Stop treating that girl like property.”

          “Yeah, yeah,” Luke grumbled, holding me close.

          “Come on, let’s go,” I whispered. I grabbed Luke’s hand and together we walked towards the door. “Bye Mrs. Green! Bye everyone else!”

          “Bye Isabel,” Everyone yelled.

          Luke and I walked out towards his car and like usual he yelled, “Dibs on driving!” I shoved Luke playfully and he gave me a warm smile before getting into the driver’s seat.

          Together we started driving towards our Thursday night hang out spot. Of course Luke insisted on holding my hand the whole way there. I listened as he talked about how he doesn’t think the lacrosse team is going to pull through this year.

          Finally we pulled into our friend’s house and smiled at each other before we got out of the car and ran towards the door. I was about to win but of course Luke cheated and held me by the waist so I couldn’t go any further. “Luke,” I whined.

          “Oh, don’t be such a baby,” He laughed, before he threw me over his shoulder. I squealed and beat my fists against his back as Luke knocked on the door.