Silence is Golden? Ch. 5

Hey Guys! Here's the next upload! (I say tht every upload but idk why.....its kinda obvious its the newest upload? ahahhahaha)

remember to COMMENT and VOTE!!

I know i know it's a bunch of lovey dovey stufff but come on who doesn't want that??

once again please COMMENT and VOTE let me kno wat u think X)

Cheesehead

Oh yeah! picture to the left is a picture of Nathan!!

Chapter Five

          “Hey Nate, do you think I could have a ride home today?” I asked, sitting down next to him at the lunch table. Nate looked at me in surprise and pulled his earphones out of his ears.

          “I’m sorry, what?” He smiled.

          “A ride home?” I repeated, “I’m not really in the mood to drive home with Luke.”

          Nate nodded his head, “Cool with me.”        

          “Thanks,” I grinned, as I pulled out my lunch. Nate stared at me in shock as I comfortably sat next to him eating my sandwich. “What? Is there something on my face?”

          “Isabel, why are you here?” Nate sighed.

          “I can’t…I can’t eat lunch with you?” I mumbled, my cheeks flaring.

          “Well sure,” Nate shrugged, “But why would you want too? Your friends are sitting over there and I’m pretty sure whether or not I’m friends with Luke doesn’t matter because he’s glaring a hole through my back.”

          I looked over my shoulder and saw my whole table glaring at us. I looked back at Nate and gave an encouraging smile. “Well you’re my friend too,” I insisted.

          “Yeah, when you get in fights with Luke,” Nate grumbled, shoving an ear phone back in his ear.

          “Not true,” I argued, “You’ve always been my friend, Nate.”

          Nate just rolled his eyes slightly and I tried really hard not to flinch. The two of us just sat in silence until TK came over. She sat herself across from me and gave me an ‘are you kidding me?’ look. “Hey Isa, so Meghan had something really funny to tell you,” TK told me, obviously lying.

          “Well why doesn’t she come over here to tell me?” I suggested, shrugging a shoulder.

          “Um, I don’t think that’s a….She said she didn’t want to….you know what it wasn’t even that funny,” TK grumbled, her eyes flickering to Nate, who pretended like he wasn’t paying attention.

          “Okay,” I nodded, shrugging my shoulder again.

          TK gritted her teeth. “Isabel, I need to talk with you…now.”

          I sighed lightly before turning over to Nate, “Be right back.” Nate just gave a slight nod before he looked back down at his iPod. As I stood up, TK grabbed my upper arm roughly and dragged me out of the cafeteria.

          “What do you think you’re doing?” She growled.

          “Sitting with Nathan,” I answered.

          “No, no, no, Isabel, that’s not how things work,” TK corrected.

          I roughly pulled my arm away from her and could feel the bruises already forming. “What is that supposed to mean?” I growled.