Silence Is Golden? Ch. 9

Hey everyone!

Hopefully this will work bc this is my 3rd time trying to upload it! It seems like awhile since i uploaded (which im sorry about) so to make up for it im (hopefully) going 2 upload my new story which is called "Blind As Love" get it....like the saying love is blind! hahahah sooo CHECK OUT MY NEW STOORY PLEASE!!!

Thanks to the above for the awesome cover to the right<333 I WILL NOT TAKE ANYMORE COVERS! im sorry but i think it gives my computer viruses!

Love you all!

cheesehead

ps. sorry its kinda short.......

Chapter Nine

    Chapter Fifteen.

          The next day at school, I found myself anxious to get to homeroom. I really needed to talk with Nate, because I felt so bad. “Izzy, relax,” Luke laughed, holding onto my hand tightly. I pouted slightly because he had slowed down our pace.

          “I need to get to homeroom,” I whined, “I have to talk with Nathan.”

          “Why?” Luke asked, pulling his eyebrows together.

          “I feel really bad,” I gushed, “I need him to talk to me again. He’s my friend and I don’t want to lose him.”

          “Seems like you like him more than that,” He grumbled.

          “Well I don’t,” I insisted.

          “Well it sure does seem like that, Isabel,” Luke snapped. I pulled my hand away from him and couldn’t help the smirk that came onto my lips.

          “Lukas, are you jealous?” I giggled.

          Luke’s eyes widened and he stopped walking. “What?” He growled, “No. I just hate that you’re always worrying about Nathan. I really don’t care what’s going on with him and I hate that you do.”

          “What?” I spat, “He’s my friend Luke. Just like TK and Ellie are your friends. What’s the difference?”

          “The difference is I’m not always laughing and caring about what’s going on with them,” Luke growled, “My life doesn’t revolve around them.”

          My jaw dropped and shoved Luke away from me. “You’re disgusting,” I snarled, “You have no clue what you’re talking about. I don’t even want to talk to you right now.”

          “Fine,” Luke retorted, “Like I care. Go running to your precise little Nathan. I’m sure he’ll be thrilled to see you.”

          “He will,” I spat, “And I can’t wait to turn my flirt on and giggle and laugh and have my world revolve around him again.”

          Luke narrowed his eyes. I could tell that I had pissed him off with that comment. I bawled my hands up and beat on Luke’s chest. “I hope you’re happy,” I snarled. “Now I’ve started my morning off angry.”

          Luke’s face softened a little and he grabbed my arms, pulling me into a passionate kiss. I kissed him back for a second before I pushed away from him. “No,” I laughed humorlessly, “I’m mad at you.”

          “Uh huh,” Luke nodded.

          I gritted my teeth and stormed down the hall towards my homeroom. Ellie and TK tried to talk to me when I passed them in the hallway but I just brushed by them and entered my homeroom.

          It was no surprise that Nathan was slouched in his homeroom seat with his hood up and his iPod in. I straddled the chair in front of him, facing him, and pulled the ear buds out of his ears. Nate looked up at me and I was able to see the cuts and bumps on his face. I winced slightly.

          “What?” Nate growled.

          “I’m sorry,” I blurted.

          “Yeah,” He scoffed.

          “No I really am,” I whimpered. “It was stupid and I don’t know why Blake did that to you, but I really wish it didn’t happen.”

          “Yeah, me too,” Nate grumbled.

          “Come on, Natie,” I whined, “Are you going to forgive me? Give me your palm! We’ll play our little game.” I reached for Nate’s rough hand but he quickly pulled it away.

          “I don’t want to play,” He muttered.

          “But you always want to play,” I argued. When I realized Nate wasn’t going to give me his palm I anxiously reached across the desk and gave him mine. Nate just stared down at it before he started fooling with his iPod. “Come on, Nate,” I pleaded, “You know I didn’t mean it.”

          Nate’s head snapped up and he glared at me with narrowed eyes. “I told you I didn’t want to go to that party, Isabel,” He exclaimed, “But you brought me there any way and I was pushed around like a dumb dog.”

          “I know,” I started.

          “I told you Blake and TK hate me,” He continued, “But you didn’t listen to me. You thought you were doing a heroic thing and bring me to the party. I was stupid and should have insisted I don’t come.”

          “Well I did insist,” I tried again.

          “I’m done with you though, Isa,” Nate interjected, looking at me with sad eyes. “I’m putting my foot down right there. I don’t want to get sucked into your drama and I’m going to keep it as a one time thing.”

          “But Nate,” I whined.

          “Please just stop,” Nate growled, “Seriously just….just go back to your seat.”

          I bit my lip and nodded slightly. I got off of the seat I was sitting on and went back to my seat across the room. I snuck a glance at Nate and noticed his earphones back in his ear. He didn’t even look at me.

          I knew that this time I had really screwed up and there was no going back. Maybe it would just be best if I ignored Nate like everyone else did. Maybe that was what he wanted?

          I looked to the front of the classroom and bit my lip roughly in order to prevent myself from crying because I knew I had just lost a close friend.