Chapter 9: New Mission

» [Interesting Meeting] «

0:00 ─〇───── 0:00

⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

It's amazing when you find the person you love. Your world lights up and explodes with colour. You feel light on your feet and a smile can easily lace on your lips. But always remember that there is a devil...

A bandage was now laying on your face as you and Tanjiro were on your way to the estate. He himself took care of treating your bruise even though you told him you could do it. You had simply explained who the four kids were, Tanjiro paying attention to the whole thing. He was so grateful that you were willing to tell him some things.

For the start of the trip back, you had both chatted about what you were going to do once you get back. Tanjiro had planned on going on more missions since he was all healed, whilst you weren't wanting to get straight into that. You said that you'd probably work on your sword skills a bit more and come up with a plan when using it. You also wanted to help Shinobu with all her stuff.

Tanjiro was very interested in your breathing techniques and asked if he could possibly see it. You simply nodded in reply, smiling that he was actually interested in you instead of faking it.

"Ah! We finally arrived at the estate!" Finally you could rest your legs. You thought about whether to start getting to work straight away when you got back or not, but decided to take a bit of a break once you were in your room. A sigh of relief came from your parted lips... which also came with someone grabbing you.

Before you knew it, you were under someone's arm, now off the ground as you heard someone call out to you. You tried to get out of their hold on you once they landed, but had no luck. He also managed to take two other girls under his other arm. One girl was the familiar Aoi and the other was someone who worked at the estate. Other helpers tried to get the two girls out of the mans grasp, even Kanao, also completely ignoring that you were also there.

"LET (Y/N) AND THE OTHERS GO!" Tanjiro came into view, about to head butt the man... but in a flash, you, the two girls and the man were on the roof. You took a glimpse at the male, seeing a demon Slayer uniform with no sleeves and some other accessories on him. The others on the ground were yelling at him, calling him a pervert and some other things. He had mentioned that he was a Hashira.

Now that made sense... you haven't seen anyone that fast before. Yes you have met (well it was more like you just saw them around the estate) some of them, but not all. You didn't bother to fan girl over them or anything like that... maybe you would admire their outfits and style, but that was basically it.

"I'm taking these three because I need some female Corps members for a mission!"

"Naho isn't a member of the Corps! Can't you see she's not wearing the uniform?" The Hashira looked down at the little helper, tossing her out of his arms as Tanjiro thankfully caught her. Suddenly a realisation hit you... Aoi was going to have to go on the mission. You knew that she was really scared to because of how terrified she was after the test. You knew how she had been shaking all this time...

"HEY! TAKE ME AND LET AOI GO!"

All the attention was on you. Everyone was shocked, especially Aoi. The Hashira raised an eye brow at this. "I need more than one girl! I can't do this mission with only-"

"I AM (Y/N) (L/N)! A RANK TSUCHINOE DEMON SLAYER!"

The Hashira looked at you in surprise. You were higher than the other Demon Slayers, even though you didn't look that high up the ranks. Tanjiro was even more speechless. He had never thought of asking for your rank and just thought you were the same rank as he was.