Chapter 6: Ah. Home Sweet Home

❥•°❀°•༢

» [Familiar Environment] «

0:00 ─〇───── 0:00

⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

A Spider Lily in a field of flowers. That's what it was like for you at your home town. So different from the rest, which no one liked. You didn't match the other flowers in colour or shape, so everyone was scared of you being different. But now I'm by your side, like a butterfly that lands on the Spider Lily. I don't care if your different or feared of, because I will change it all. I'll show them your kindness, your lovely smile, and your bravery.

They will soon love you... like I do.

║▌│█║▌│ █║▌│█│║▌║

.......

It looked the same as ever. Stalls filled with wonderful food, accessories, clothes and so much more. This was one of the most lively small villages. Thinking about it now, you kind of wonder how you survived in the crowded place with all those glares that were sent your way. Thinking about it, you sweat a bit as you didn't want to relive the past. Tanjiro looked around amazed, and ended up walking behind you instead of beside you, just because it was a bit crowded. After someone firmly bumped your shoulder, you knew that most of the villagers recognised you. Keeping calm and expressionless, you kept walking to your destination, arms and shoulders hurting from how many people passed you while hitting you secretly with their elbows, shoulders, arms.

You could feel bruising and pain start to form, but kept walking. By this point, Tanjiro could finally sense the tension from most of the people around him. He felt confused at it all. Shrugging it off, he kept staring at the stalls until you both left the crowd and walked towards a house with a garden next to it. Reminded of Tanjiro looking at everything before, you turned around to face him. "Tanjiro."

"Hm?" He looked to you, wondering what you were about to say. You knew that he couldn't see what was going to go down. Seeing how he was before, you had come up with a great plan.

"If you want, you can go look at the stalls. You could get us some food and maybe a place to stay?" Tanjiro's eyes lit up. You could already see the happiness leaking out of him, but he quickly turned his face back to his usual worried expression.

"Are you sure? Will you be ok on your own? I can stick with you to get your things-"

"I'm sure. I know how excited you were once you saw the stalls. I'll come find you once I'm done. I promise." You gave him a small smile, which made his cute cheeks turn a tint of pink. After confirming with you if it was ok, he left to go back and made sure that he would get you something nice. After he finally left your sight, you sighed and walked towards the building, knowing that you were going to experience some sort of hell from the person you were about to see.

. • .

. • ☆ • . . • ☆ • .

☆ • . • ☆ • . • ☆

• . •

"GET OUT YOU MONSTER!!" You body fell to the sharp ground, rocks stabbing into your skin as you heard the door slam shut. You knew this was going to happen, but was lucky enough to grab the plants and herbs that you needed. You coughed a bit, slowly standing up and putting the things that you just got safely in your bag. You would have to clean yourself up a bit before you could go meet up with Tanjiro, so you headed to a nearby lake. Even if it wasn't much, you grabbed a small towel from your bag, dipped one end into the water, then started wiping your scratches and wounds. They obviously stung, but you had to.