Chapter 8: Peace

» [Fun Times] «

0:00 ─〇───── 0:00

⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

You work so hard to be both a medic and a Demon Slayer that it inspires me so much. I always wanted to be like that, but now I don't. You've had to sacrifice all your time and emotions to those two important jobs. Never having time to do things you loved, sacrificing your arms to experiments. That crimson blood pouring out of your wounds...

But now I'll give it all to you. I'll give you that fun experience that you never got for these past years. You'll forget the bad times and bad people...

and I'll be there to hold your hand.

The sound of chatter and kids screaming with joy could be heard from where you stayed. You could feel your worries crawl on your back, making your whole body feel pressure and weight. You were convinced that if you moved an inch that you would fall straight away. Tanjiro had come in to see and scent your worried self fiddling with your fingers.

He walked up to you and put his strong yet reassuring hand on your shoulder, giving you the most gentle and kindest smile he can. You met his gaze, staring at those beautiful orbs. You could feel a small heat pour into your cheeks as you realised you stared for too long, now looking down.

"You ready?" Butterflies swirled in your stomach, nodding as your answer. The warm hand was taken off your shoulder, making you feel a bit disappointed. Tanjiro went to walk out of the room and you slowly followed behind, your body shivering with each step.

Nezuko was out of her box waiting for you two. Once seeing you, she came and gave you a hug. Gladly hugging her back, you felt the warmth feeling again. It wasn't as warm as Tanjiro, but Nezuko was at least willing to be touchy touchy with you.

You all went to the front of the placed you stay at, being greet with amazing colours. You couldn't help but ignore it all, feeling tense and sweaty. You haven't felt like this in a long time. Being in the home town that gave you nightmares and being in a crowd was the worst thing to really happen. You thought that maybe you should go back and sit in the corner. Before you could move or anything, Tanjiro spoke up.

"Oh! Stay here for a second. Nezuko, look after (y/n) for a bit!" As soon as he finished, he sprinted into the crowd. A shiver went down your spine as you watched him calming run into it. Nezuko held you hand, making your nerves calm down until the the boy that you saw a few minutes ago came back. He was catching his breath a bit, then looked at you with a joyous smile.

There in his hand was a cute fox mask. You loved them when you were little, your dad getting you one that you wore throughout the day. You grabbed it from his grasp and looked at all the little details. "I thought that it might help people not recognise you! It would be hard for them to see the colour of your hair already since it's night time."

"Thank you..." You turned around and took your blindfold off. After letter your face take in a bit of the cold breeze, you skillfully put the mask on. Turning around, Tanjiro looked a bit stunned but went back to his cheery self. Next thing you knew, you were out wandering around the stalls.

Thousands of shades and blooming colours dazzled in the moonlight. Some stalls had just the simple colours, whilst others had unique and creative patterns. There were ones with moons, triangles, strips and so many more. You took glimpses of the items, seeing if you could find anything that you liked. People were selling all kinds of things. Starting from fabrics and tools too kimonos and accessories. You really did love most of the designs, it's just that all the ones that you have seen feel a bit too bright. Like if you wore it you would definetly gain that unwanted attention.