Chapter 1: New face, new mystery

║▌│█║▌│ █║▌│█│║▌║

𝙨𝙘𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙘𝙤𝙙𝙚...

» [Her eyes and hands] «

0:00 ─〇───── 0:00

⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

"𝙃𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙙 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝘽𝙪𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙛𝙡𝙮 𝙀𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝙘𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙚𝙙 (𝙮/𝙣)..? 𝙄𝙩'𝙨 𝙨𝙖𝙞𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙞𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙠 𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙤 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙚𝙮𝙚𝙨 𝙤𝙧 𝙜𝙚𝙩 𝙩𝙤𝙪𝙘𝙝𝙚𝙙 𝙗𝙮 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙠𝙞𝙣 𝙤𝙛 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙙𝙨, 𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙡𝙡 𝙗𝙚 𝙘𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙙 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙖 𝙘𝙚𝙧𝙩𝙖𝙞𝙣 𝙖𝙢𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚... 𝘽𝙚𝙘𝙖𝙪𝙨𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨, 𝙨𝙝𝙚 𝙘𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙨 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙚𝙮𝙚𝙨 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙖 𝙨𝙞𝙡𝙠𝙮 𝙗𝙡𝙖𝙘𝙠 𝙗𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙙𝙛𝙤𝙡𝙙 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙬𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙨 𝙜𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙨 𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚... 𝙉𝙤 𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙝𝙖𝙨 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙨𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙚𝙮𝙚𝙨... 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙥𝙚𝙤𝙥𝙡𝙚 𝙨𝙖𝙮 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙮'𝙧𝙚 𝙖𝙨 𝙧𝙚𝙙 𝙖𝙨 𝙘𝙧𝙞𝙢𝙨𝙤𝙣 𝙗𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙙."

𝙄'𝙫𝙚 𝙖𝙡𝙨𝙤 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙨𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙨 𝙖 𝙝𝙖𝙤𝙧𝙞 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙎𝙥𝙞𝙙𝙚𝙧 𝙇𝙞𝙡𝙞𝙚𝙨 𝙤𝙣 𝙞𝙩... 𝙗𝙚𝙘𝙖𝙪𝙨𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙝𝙤𝙬 𝙢𝙖𝙣𝙮 𝙙𝙚𝙖𝙩𝙝𝙨 𝙨𝙝𝙚'𝙨 𝙘𝙖𝙪𝙨𝙚𝙙. 𝙄 𝙜𝙪𝙚𝙨𝙨 𝙎𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙤𝙗𝙪 𝙢𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙩𝙤𝙤𝙠 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙞𝙣 𝙗𝙚𝙘𝙖𝙪𝙨𝙚 𝙨𝙝𝙚 𝙥𝙞𝙩𝙞𝙚𝙙 𝙝𝙚𝙧... 𝘽𝙪𝙩 𝙄 𝙬𝙤𝙣𝙙𝙚𝙧 𝙝𝙤𝙬 𝙡𝙤𝙣𝙜 𝙨𝙝𝙚'𝙡𝙡 𝙡𝙖𝙨𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚."

°l||l° °l||l° °l||l° °l||l° °l||l° °l||l° °l||l°

Tanjiro Pov

I was resting in my bed for a bit, as some fresh air blew on my face. My wounds weren't bandaged yet since I got to the butterfly estate from me and my sister's trial, so I still had scratches and bruises from the fights in the forest. I also have my dirty and bloody uniform still on that was somehow still in one piece. I wondered when I would get treated. It's been a while since I got here and all I've done is lay in this bed and wait. Maybe they have a lot of patients to treat. Or maybe there were on lunch break?

Out of nowhere, someone suddenly came through the door and a thud echoed through the room. The familiar face of Aoi with her usual pig tails greeted me and the other two that were also resting in their beds, both changed and treated. She then turned her gaze onto me. "Tanjiro, come with me to get treated." I gave a firm nod and sat up. I slowly stood, making sure I didn't knock over my sword or step on my haori as my feet touched the ground. After a few seconds of me balancing myself, I followed Aoi out of the room. We silently walked down the hallway, the sound of our echoing footsteps becoming white noise. I felt the urge to ask her a question and my dried up mouth moved on its own.

"If you don't mind me asking, why did I have to wait to get treated? The others got treated once they got here. I'm just a bit curious." Aoi was silent for a bit. Sweat trickled down my face from the silence. I thought that she took offence to my question, but she eventually spoke up.

"We would have treated you straight away, but all the other medical staff were busy. So we had to go with our last option for you." Last option? Why does she sound annoyed? I wonder... Before I knew it, we stopped in front of a door and Aoi quickly turned to me. "Open the door once I'm gone. Good luck." And just like that, she turned her back to me and left while I stood there questioning the words she just said. What did she mean by good luck? I didn't understand why she had to say that. Though my nose did pick up the scent of disgust and fear. Why would she feel those things? I started to get a bit nervous, my body shivering from the atmosphere. I exhaled a sigh and slowly opened the door.