Unwanted Meeting

The second chapter will be out within the next couple of days.

Matthew was a nervous toddler, then he was a nervous child and eventually, he became a very nervous teenager. Now, he was the most nervous he's ever been. With his phone still tightly gripped in his hand, Matthew struggled greatly to breathe. It was as if someone had put their arms around his chest and was slowly applying more and more pressure. Minutes passed, although it could've been hours, and Matthew finally dropped his phone onto the nearby table. The small thud the drop made wasn't registered by the boy. Nothing much was. He allowed his legs to lead him to his chair and let himself fall onto it. As he stared out the window he attempted to gain control of his thoughts, he needed to figure out what to do. He didn't have much time to think as his phone suddenly rang from across the room.

His first thought was to let it go to voicemail, to prolong the inevitable. Then common sense caught up to him and he sprung towards the table to grab the ringing device.

"Hello?" Silence followed Matthew's words.

Keeping the phone closely pressed against his ear Matthew walked over to the window and saw a silver car parked outside. He didn't remember that being Kaiden's car but he knew it could've so easily been him. It also could've been anyone else. He comforted himself with this statement repeatedly. It could be anyone.

"Hello?" Matthew repeated, his loss of confidence clear in his voice. Silence followed once again but something felt different, he felt tenser. As if he was waiting for something terrible to happen. Still, the silence on the other side of the phone continued.

"Come outside."

Finally, something happened, someone had finally answered him. It was Kaiden, Matthew would recognise that voice anywhere. Hearing his voice brought back the tightness in Matthew's chest, he knew nothing good would come of leaving the house and going to Kaiden.

"I'm not fucking around Matthew. Come. Outside." Matthew felt sick.

"If you don't come outside, I'm coming in and if I see your parents on my up to you I swear to god..."

Kaiden went silent.

"You don't want me seeing them."

Matthew hung up, not wanting to hear anymore. He couldn't deal with what was happening, he just wanted it to stop. He wanted Kaiden to stop. For a second, the implications of his threat didn't sink in, but then he saw the door of the silver car open and then slam shut. He saw a man wearing black walk briskly towards his house. He jumped back from the window and ran downstairs shouting to the house that he was going out to meet Charlie. He didn't realise he was running and he didn't realise when he slammed his front door behind him and ran towards the approaching figure. He collided with him at quite a force, keeping hold of his sleeves when he moved back to see Kaiden's face.

"I came outside. Please Kaiden. I came outside." Matthew pleased with him, hands still tightly grasping the other boy's arms. He could see Kaiden looking at him, his face unwavering and stern.

"Please Kaiden." He moved his arms up to his shoulders. Matthew tried pushing him backwards, his grip growing tighter.

Finally, Kaiden took a step backwards. Then he took another step. And then another. He stood still for a moment before grabbing Matthew and pushing him roughly against the car as he opened the door. He shoved Matthew inside and slammed the door shut. The door on the other side of the car soon slammed shut as well as Kaiden sat next to him. He gripped the wheel tightly, not once looking at him. Matthew, on the other hand, couldn't take his eyes off of Kaiden. He was worried that if he looked away, even for a second, Kaiden would lunge at him and he wouldn't react fast enough to defend himself. He didn't know if he was going to see tomorrow and that thought terrified him. The tightness in his heart was replaced by a feeling of horrendous dread. Without him realising, the car had started and they were speeding down the road. Away from his house and away from his parents. He briefly considered jumping out of the car, he knew the roads around here better than Kaiden did. He realised fairly quickly that idea wasn't going to work.

Kaiden would find him. And he knew where his parents lived.

Both men remained silent for the rest of the ride. Kaiden looking steadily ahead and Matthew staring desperately outside of the window, finally being able to drag his eyes away from the other boy. The houses and trees and parks started to blur together as Matthew allowed himself to become emerged in his thoughts. Unfortunately, the car soon came to a stop. They had parked outside a house. Compared to what Matthew thought about Kaiden, it was quite an ordinary house. No tall, metal gates or corpses littering the front garden. It was nice.

Matthew risked a glance at Kaiden but quickly turned his gaze back to the house when he met the boy's eyes. Now he knew he was being stared at, he couldn't repress a shiver. It was as if someone was lightly tracing thousands of pins up and down his back and digging them into the base of his neck. Kaiden got out of the car, Matthew quickly following him, he didn't want to anger him further. He got out of the car and trailed after Kaiden into the house. Kaiden was waiting for him by the door. He still hadn't spoken a word to him. As he stepped inside, he heard the door slam close behind him. He was too scared to turn around. Kaiden barged past him.

"Come on." He mumbled as if he didn't want to be speaking to Matthew. Matthew followed him. He followed him down the corridor, up the stairs, down another corridor until they finally reached the door right at the back of the house.