Date Night (Part 2)

Matthew loitered by the school entrance for a while, he knew he'd eventually join Kaiden in his car, wherever that was, but was hoping to prolong that for as long as possible. Looking out he couldn't see the car anyway, the heavy rain made all the cars look like the same splotches of white, grey and black. It was times like this Matthew wishes he had his own car, he'd be home by now. Safe, warm and alone. Well, technically alone.

As if sensing his train of thought, Matthew's phone pinged with a message

I'm around the corner, down the road next to the shops. Hurry up.

"Because you're a fucking mind reader too huh?" Matthew mumbled angrily to himself, shoving his phone into his pocket and pulling his hood. He continued to grumble as his ran down the steps and out of the gate, the rain quickly drenching him entirely. His coat seemingly offering no protection.

"Fuck this. Fuck him. Fuck this weather. Fuck this fucking weather."

The shops were seconds away from the school so getting to the other man's car took no time at all. As Matthew stormed towards the vehicle he began to doubt himself, the windows were tinted so he couldn't see who was inside and he'd actually only seen the mans car once. His temper tantrum was temporarily put on hold as he slowed himself down as he approached the car.

The car didn't even look like it was running, there was no sound of the engine, no light from inside. His stomach dropped as the paranoid part of his brain began to believe he was being set up. His heart rate doubled and his mouth went dry as all the possible violent outcomes flew through his mind. He went to step back and get back onto the main road where he wouldn't be so isolated but the car let out a loud beep which, if he hadn't gone to the toilet earlier, would've made Matthew shit himself.

The window finally rolled down to reveal Kaiden's smug face. His smirk quickly fell as he took in Matthew's appearance.

"Baby you're soaked!"

The car door was thrown open and Kaiden quickly stepped out to usher the other boy into the car.

Once Matthew was sitting down in the warmed car, his temper diffused slightly. Kaiden did have a point earlier, this sort of weather really did put him in a bad mood. Talking o about the other man, he was too busy staring at the side of Matthew's face to help him warm up.

"Have you got a towel or something?" Matthew asked, suddenly conscious of the fact he was sitting in quite an expensive car   He might not like the other guy, but it felt like a dick move to just sit in his car soaking wet. Although judging by the looks he was getting, Kaiden didn't seem to mind. Despite the lack of acknowledgement, Kaiden did seem to hear him as a large grey jumper and a medium sized black towel was soon presented to him. He thanked the older boy and quickly used the towel to dry his hair. Once he'd finished he folded the towel and placed it on the seat beneath him in an attempt to salvage what he could of the leather.

Looking at the hoodie still hanging from Kaiden's hand, his automatic  reaction was to take his own coat and shirt off and change immediately, the idea of changing into something warm was heavenly. As he unzipped his coat and reached for the hem of his shirt Matthew came to the sudden realization that he was technically in the middle of a street and wasn't in the car alone. The realization was supported pretty heavily by the boy next to him who still hadn't taken his eyes off of him.

"Can you look away or...?"

"I probably can." Kaiden replied, not bothering to hide his smirk.

"Will you look away?"

Kaiden groans exaggeratedly and ensures Matthew can see his eyes roll before turning away.  Matthew smiled gratefully and took his coat all the way off, hesitating slightly as the damp material was still dripping, and folded the coat and put it on the back seat. He looked at Kaiden to see if that was the wrong thing to do but he wasn't looking at him.