Dessert

Kaiden seemed to take Matthew's words to heart as he was soon letting the boy go completely, he stood back and scanned the end of the alleyway, assuring himself that no one else was with them. He looked back at the boy leaning against the wall.

"So what's his name?" He repeated, his demanour a lot calmer than before.

"He. Is. No. One. He's a family friend who is just a friend okay? I was being stupid. I was, I don't know, testing you."

A brief pause followed.

"Not in that way." He became flustered under Kaidens gaze, more like glare. He thought they'd briefly got past the issue that Matthew thought it would be a good idea to have lunch with another guy.

"We're leaving." Kaiden stated  finally, moving slightly to his left, towards the street. He looked back to Matthew expectantly, raising his eyebrows when he realized the other boy wasn't following. He stood there for a second to give Matthew a chance but when the boy showed no signs of movement, he stepped back towards him and grabbed his arm, pulling him towards the end of the alleyway. He let go just before they got onto the street and Matthew was smart enough to continue to follow.

Matthew braced himself for what was to come; maybe some dusty and dark dungeon awaited him or maybe he was going to be forced into some car with tinted windows. His thoughts lasted him the rest of the fairly short walk. Soon enough he was narrowly missing the man in front of him as he came to an abrupt stop. He looked up at the building in front to see a restaurant, an expensive looking one.

"I just ate." Matthew mumbled in confusion, looking at Kaiden for an insight to what was going on.

"Did he pay?"

"Wha-?"

"At the bar did your 'friend' pay?"

"No. I did."

"I thought he was 'taking you out'."

"I told you that was all bullshit."

Kaiden hummed in acknowledgment before moving inside the restaurant, holding the door open for the smaller boy. He walked further inside, nodding at a few of the customers and raising his eyebrows at the man behind the counter. Immediately there was a girl present in front of them.

"Right this way sir. I know you booked the table on the ground floor but a booking was canceled on the second floor; a lot more private." She finished quietly, shooting a quick glance at Matthew who was too preoccupied looking at his surroundings to understand the implications behind that. Kaiden just nodded at the younger girl and indicated for her to take them upstairs, he guided Matthew in the same direction, his hand on the small of his back which Matthew chose to ignore. The girl showed them to their table and waited for them to sit down.

"Is there anything you'd like sir?" She questioned, looking at Kaiden.

"Tell the kitchen I want the usual" he looked over at Matthew "and he'll have all the desserts on the menu". The girl nodded respectfully before collecting the glasses off of the table. She left quickly after that but not before sending Matthew a small smile.

"Alll the desserts on the menu?" Matthew questioned, his eyebrows raised.

"Everyone's got room for dessert." Kaiden replied, for once not really paying attention to the conversation. He was looking in the direction that the waitress had disappeared to.

"Do you like her or something?" Which snapped Kaiden right back

"Why? Do you think there's something to like?" He demanded

Matthew looked at him and then looked around to see that their table was in a fairly secluded area in the restaurant, he looked back at Kaiden who had failed to look away.

"I'm gay man, if there's any 'threat' here it'll be from guys. Not girls." Kaiden stared for a bit too long, letting a smirk take over his face.

Matthew frowned at the sudden happinesss in the boys face before realizing

"You're gonna make sure not a single guy talks to me here aren't you?"

"Yup."

Matthew let out an involuntary laugh.

Kaiden immediately sat up straight, a large grin plastered on his face.

"I just made you laugh. "

"The situation made me laugh."

"You're in this situation because of me. So. I made you laugh."

"Actually I'm in this situation because of Brand-" Matthew immediately shut up at the glare he received. "Because of you."

The glare brought on a new wave of tension as it seemed Kaiden was attempting to mentally kill and  bury Matthew.  He really needed to start thinking before he spoke. The food came quickly; Kaiden had some sort of salad with different types of meat and Matthew, as Kaiden ordered, had thirteen different desserts. He saw the cookie dough and lit up; he loved it. He dove straight in, barely stopping to breath between bites. He looked up after finishing the cookie dough and smiled thankfully at Kaiden; this was a nice thing of him to do. Sort of.

Matthew looked back at his dessert after giving his thanks, completely missing the way Kaiden's face lit up at the younger boys approval. Kaiden paused to swallow his bite before speaking

"Baby. I know you don't want me talking about it but I still have some questions about that-" he paused "guy."

"As long as you promise not to hurt him I'll answer any question you want." Replied Matthew, clearly in a good mood because of the sheer amount of sugar in front of him.

"You'll answer anything?" Kaiden teased, smirking.

"Um within reason." Was Matthew's flustered reply.

"What's his name?"

"Seriously?"

"Completely."

Matthew sighed "Brandon"

"That's a stupid name."

"I'm sure he'll be delighted to know." Matthew sighed,again.

"Is he gay?"

"What?" Matthew implored, glaring at Kaiden for his raised voice. He didn't need everyone to know their business. "No."

"Good." Well that conversation was over strangely quickly.

"I think I need an incentive." Spoke Kaiden pushing his plate away from him "you know, I feel like Brandon is a name I could forget fairly easily."

"What?" Matthew asked dumbly, not understanding what the other boy was getting at.

"If I forget a name darling it is much more unlikely for anything bad to happen to that person."

"Oh."

Kaiden could sense that Matthew was not going to continue the conversation

"I want a date."

"What?!" Matthew sat up straight "well this is like a date isn't it? A restaurant, you're paying?"

His outburst made Kaiden chuckle,not in an endearing way.

"A proper one. I know you won't like it if we go to loads of public restaurants so you choose; either the beach or a drive-in movie."

"I haven't agreed yet."

"That's sad, I guess Brandon's life doesn't mean that much to you."

Matthew glared at the boy across the table, he glared at his stupid smirking face with his clear skin and strong jaw and perfectly styled hair.

"My house." He growled out

"Huh?"

"You want a date it can be at my house. But I choose when it is and you leave before my parents get home."

A smile stretched across Kaiden face as he meant forward to take Matthew's hand in his own

"Of course darling."