Going home

This is slightly shorter than usual but I hope you enjoy!
The car ride home was silent but, to Matthew's pleasure, it was not as awkward as he was expecting. It didn't seem that long until Matthew could see the end of his road

"Drop me off here." He spoke, pointing to the corner of the street. God forbid his mum saw him walking down the street with a different guy to the one he was supposed to meet. Surprisingly, Kaiden actually obeyed Matthew's command and the car slowly came to a stop, a puddle separating Matthew from the pavement. He went to get out, he pushed the door open, before turning to the other boy

"Thanks for dropping me off I guess."

Kaiden sent him a smirk in reply, automatically making Matthew regret any thanks he gave to the other boy. He just rolled his eyes and got out of the car, closing (slamming) the car door behind him. He walked towards his house, Kaiden's car driving next to him-his headlights on.

"Is this really necessary?" Questioned Matthew, stopping dead in his tracks with his arms tightly crossed over his chest.

"You didn't say bye baby." Kaiden teased, the smirk from earlier still annoyingly present on his face. Matthew scoffed and continued to walk, the car inevitably following him.

If anyone looks outside right now I am screwed. How do I explain that someone following home in an expensive car is fine and not worrying. He's not helping with those stupid headlights on. Oh yeah hi mum, how was your day? Oh the stranger you see behind me who has followed me and is clearly staring at me? He's no one, nothing to worry about. My mum will kill me. Matthew thought bitterly, he continued thinking about all the ways his mum is going to kill him if she finds out he willingly went to lunch and got into a car with someone she has never met. She will both metaphorically and literally kill me. A sudden blare of a car horn startled him, he whipped his head around to see Kaidens car making that blaring noise. Okay new plan, he thought to himself, quickly making his way to the car. Mum won't see Kaiden if I kill him first.

"What the fuck are you doing?"

"Come to say goodbye have we baby?"

"What?" Matthew spat "Seriously?" He shook his head in disbelief 

"Goodbye Kaiden."

"Baby" Kaiden drawled, dragging out the word. "It's like we're already together."

"Oh my god." Matthew mumbled to himself, turning around and walking straight to his house, not sparing one glance at the boy he was walking away from though he could feel his eyes on his back. He paused in his thoughts. Kaiden's eyes weren't on his back were they?

There were no questions fired at him when he got home, his dad was sitting on the sofa watching some TV show about antiques whilst his mum was upstairs. Probably. She could've been in the kitchen, or the bathroom, or round the shops. She wasn't downstairs to pester Matthew and that's all he needed to know. I hope she buys some Pepsi if she is round the shops. He thought to himself as he hung his coat up.

" You alright dad?"

"Matthew!" His dad greeted, raising his beer in acknowledgment "you know what just happened?" He spoke, pointing towards the TV screen "this guy bought something for £7 in a charity shop. Just sold it for £800. How good is that?"

"Maybe you should try selling some of your junk dad, god knows you've got some."

"The only junk in this house that I'm trying to get rid off is you Matty."

"Cheers dad."

"You're welcome." His dad paused "Don't tell your mum I said that."

Matthew laughed, a short, loud genuine laugh that had him tipping his head back.

"Sure dad." He sent another smile towards his dad and made his way upstairs to his room, today wasn't actually that bad. I mean, yes he has confirmed he has a stalker which means no pretending he doesn't exist to make everything seem better, but Kaiden doesn't seem completely unhinged which is good. That's worrying that that is now a normal thing for him to recite to himself. And, as much as Matthew hates to admit and will never admit it out loud, Kaiden is one of the best looking people he's ever seen.