Runaway

Payton's POV:

Outfit:

"So how's living with your mom part-time?" Emma asks me as Manny, herself and I walk down the hallway

"Different," I tell them. "I mean it's a good difference though and it's nice to have a break from the group home so that's a plus side."

"I still can't believe you'll be leaving at the end of the year," Manny says sadly.

"I know me either but it's what's best for me and my mom."

"Yeah, we understand we're just gonna miss you that's all," Emma says.

🌸🌸🌸

As we walk into class I see Max as he smiles and waves at me which I return. I turn around to see Emma and Manny smirking at me.

"Stop whatever thoughts are going on in your head," I tell them as I sat down.

"But he likes you we can tell and you definitely like him back," Manny says with a huge grin.

"No he doesn't and no I don't. Plus even if we did like each other which we don't I'm leaving so there's no point." I tell them. Honestly, I have started to feel things for Max but it can't go anywhere.

🌸🌸🌸

I'm at the group home tonight and I couldn't be more bored. Usually when I'm bored I'll ring Emma or Manny to talk to them about nonsense until I'm ready to fall asleep but they were both busy. So here I am staring up at the ceiling bored.

It's been about 15 minutes of staring and I couldn't get to sleep at all. All I could think about was Max and moving away. It's a lot to deal with.

Knock.

Knock. I heard it again coming from the window and I got up out of bed to go and have a look.

As I look out of the window I see Max standing there with a smile on his face. I open the window and look at him with a confused look on my face.

"What are you doing here?" I ask him.

"Breaking you out." He tells me.

"What?"

"Just get dressed and put some shoes on then climb out the window." He tells me.

"Fine."

🌸🌸🌸

After I had gotten dressed and snuck out of the home which was easy considering I was on the first floor, Max and I walked to the park and sat on some swings.

"So why did you break me out?" I asked him as I slowly swung myself.

"I don't know just thought you could do with some saving." He said with a smile making me smile as well.

"How about we have some fun?" He asks looking at me with hope in his eyes.

"Okay let's go."

We spent the next hour running after each other and playing on the park equipment laughing and having fun.

🌸🌸🌸

We were lying on the floor looking up at the stars and laughing as we told funny stories about our past lives.

"Your friend really came to school in a clown costume because you told him it was National clown day?" I asked him as I sat there laughing.

"Yeah he was so easy to trick and another one of my friends told me he wouldn't so I proved him wrong."

We just sat there and laughed until it started to rain at which we both ran back to the home.

"Thank you for a great night I really enjoyed it," I told him before climbing into my room and waving goodbye to him.

"See you tomorrow Pay." He says smiling and running away.

With that, I changed out of my wet clothes and got straight into bed and slept soundly all night.

🌸🌸🌸

"Sorry I missed your call last night I was busy helping my mom with some house cleaning," Emma tells me as she walks up to me with Manny.

"Yeah, and my mom and dad took me and Paris out for food and then we had a family game night," Manny says with a guilty look on her face.

"Guys it's fine I found something else to do to pass the time," I tell them with a small smile thinking back to last night with Max.

"Hey, I had fun last night," Max says as he walks past us and smiles at me and the girls.

"I think you meant someone, not something," Emma tells me with a big smile.

"What did you and Max do last night?" Manny asked me.

"Nothing we just went to a park. Talked." I said with a smile.

"Oh my god, you like him." Emma whisper screams making Manny scream as well.

"No. Maybe I don't know it's complicated." I tell them with a sad look on my face.

"How can it be complicated? You like him, he likes you. BAM together." Manny says.

"No not BAM when I'm leaving. There's no point starting a relationship with him when I'm leaving. Even if I do really like him."

They both look at me sadly and hug me as we walk to class.

🌸🌸🌸

Authors Note:

Vote,
Comment,
Save,
Follow,

Thank you. Love you guys and I hope you like this chapter as it is my own. Please don't steal it.

Word Count: 870