Chapter 09 - I'm After You

*spoilers for Hawkeye

Y/N'S POV

I got out of the avenger tower after 10 minutes of crying with Yelena and now I have my head clear I know what I want to find the person responsible for Nat's death then make them pay. The only problem is I don't know who is responsible so I will have to do some digging.

I was walking down the street looking for a phone shop because Yelena gave me some money to bey a phone so I can quote on quote 'have friends'. Once I saw one I walked in and bought one a iPhone 12. When I was last in the world iPhone's weren't even a think (I googled it so sorry if this is wrong).

I kept on walking down the street until I found a alleyway then went in and pulled out my phone. Once I had set up my phone I put in Izzy's number and texted her 'Hi Izzy it's Y/N I was just wondering if you could sent me Romanoff's file?' I got a text back with Romanoff's file.

Once I had looked though the file I got all the information I needed, now I just need to find bird man guy thing. Right now all I know is that bird man is also Ronin.

Two days later in New York

I was on the roof top of a building next to the building bird man and bird girl (Kate Bishop) were on. I was just about to hop buildings when I saw Yelena she can't know about this. Just as I'm jumping of the roof I see bird girl about to shoot me with her arrow but I got away quick enough. The most annoying thing is I had my gun ready and was about to shot.

One day later still in New York

I had broken into Kate Bishop's house and I had started making mac 'n' cheese the thing that worried me is Kate Bishop only has one fork. Just than Kate Bishop opened the door and came in. As she was looking at her mess of an apartment I appeared behind her

"Kate Bishop" I say but all I get is a hot sauce bottle thrown at me witch I catch.

"Hi" I say trying to have a conversation.

"I made macaroni if you want some" I say be nice.

"I'm sorry, what?" She asks me confused.

"Well, I was starving and you took forever. So I wanted to make food." I explain to her. I walk over siting down Kate Bishop doing the same.

"What are you doing?" She asks wow she asks a lot of questions.

"Relax Kate Bishop. I just want to talk, okay?" I say trying to came her nerves.

"Are you really not hungry? That night was so long. Its really tasty, really tasty." I ask her after setting the food on the table.

"I know what box mac 'n' cheese tastes like. I know it's... it's really delicious" She said being all mean that sort of nice.

"Why do you only have one fork?" I ask her holding up her only fork.

"I'm one person." She answers.

"That is so weird." I say under my breath.

"I am not just going to sit and have dinner with you after you tried to kill me and broke into my house." She said being mean, again.

"I did not try to kill you! A I didn't break anything, I am way too talented than that and B stop being so defensive, Okay? Your so hostile. I'm not going to hurt you, I promise." I say, I mean I was trying to kill bird man.

"I don't have any weapons on me. Okay I tack that back, I don't have any weapons currently in my hands. that's a lie also" I say looking down at my hands.

"Come on, tack the fork. Eat. Eat." I say eating the food.

"Please, my daddy says it's good for you." I say talking about my dad.

"Your probably thinking, WHAT? THIS CRAZY! 'I'm going to have dinner with the enemy? And she made some really good smelling macaroni. But in all honestly, if I wanted to kill you." I started but was cut off.

"You would have already." She cut me off with.

"Right as you open the door," I explain to her.

"I probably wouldn't have time to shut it." She said and she was right.

"no" I agree laughing.

"I'd have been dead. Okay" She said back, I just nod my head in response.

"no" I say.

"yea" she said back.

she was finale eating the mac 'n' cheese with me it was great but then we started a conversion so it went down hill.

"Are you done?" I ask

"Yeah." She answers.

"I go?" I ask her

"Sure, can." She says with a half smile.

"I could put hot sauce on it?" I clarify.

"Hmm." She answer's again with her half smile.

"Ah, I love hot sauce." I say with a full smile.

"Yes" I say in the middle of putting hot sauce in the pan.

"So, what do you want?" She asks me.

"Well it's my first time in New Your. Mmm-mm its a business trip so time is limited but I do want to see some things I want to see, um, the Empire State building, the new and improved Statue of Liberty, and the Rockefeller Center." I answer whilst eating. Kate Bishop chuckles a bit befor saying,

"Very funny." But I don't know the jock.

"What, it's not good?" I ask confused.

"Oh. No, they're-they're great. Yeah you... I mean you gotta go see the tree." Kate says witch makes me realise I got to see the tree.

"Exactly, see? I love American Christmases. The tree, the presents, the super powered reindeer Rudolph." I say with a smile.

"Have you ever eaten reindeer?" I ask.

"cannot say I had the pleasure. No" She answers.

"No it is not a pleasure. No it's um it's really tough. it's chewy. Mu you have to braise it for a really long time." I say.

Who is your favorite MUC character?

love

Chloebennetswife

1000 words