(4) Your light's the only thing that keeps the cold out

Taehyung picked up Jungkook and assisted him to their cell. He laid him down gently and pulled his shirt up to examine his wounds. It was bad. Very bad. Jungkook kept grunting at each movement he accidentally made.

To ease the pain, Taehyung brought the extra pair of shirt that was kept in the cell, soaked it in cold water from the sink and started to wipe down Jungkook's body with it. Jungkook was clearly in a lot of pain but it was visible that the cold water made him feel a little better. After Taehyung finished wiping all the wounds gently and Jungkook's pain had been relived a little, he decided to stop.

Jungkook opened his eyes and held the others hand in desperation which was visible through the younger's eyes. "Please. Could you stay with me tonight? I feel cold." He uttered. Taehyung looked back with a soft gaze and nodded.

The little actions of comfort were always helpful. Taehyung pulled down the sheets and softly placed himself beside Jungkook. Jungkook smiled. Taehyung felt warm. It was beautiful. Whatever they shared in this moment was beautiful. They both drowned themselves in each others eyes and relaxed themselves into sleep. The moon must have told the stars to blink a lot that day because both Taehyung and Jungkook dreamt of stars and with those stars, they saw each other.

Taehyung always thought Jungkook looked like a bunny. In his dream, he sat on the moon just like those fairy tales and blew towards him petals of affection. He smiled in his sleep and so did Jungkook. The author wonders what he saw.

Ever since then, the two boys had gotten even closer together. They both shared a bed every night and were inseparable throughout the day. Jungkook also became overly protective of the older and Taehyung was thankful, the dirty gazes have toned down and he didn't have to get blood on his hands.

During one of the break times, Jungkook went to join several other inmates to play basketball. Taehyung refused Jungkook's offer to join him but stayed on the sidelines to cheer for him. The younger loved showing off and kept winking at Taehyung at whatever oppurtunity he got. Jungkook found Taehyung to be cute and loveable, someone he needed to absolutely protect. The same could be said for Taehyung.

Later that night as they cuddled together, Jungkook asked Taehyung out.

"Taehyung, would you be my boyfriend? Heck, I don't even know if you like boys but I want to be yours Tae. You are the most beautiful person I've ever met inside and out." Taehyung giggled. "And I have come to like you a lot. Please go out with me." Jungkook's eyes were so soft and sweet, Taehyung almost melted.

"No." Taehyung simply stated and went back to sleep with a smile on his face, which didn't go unnoticed by Jungkook.

"Really?"

"Really."

"Even if I am so handsome?"

"Even if you are so handsome."

"So, you do think I am handsome."

"Ah, stop it!" Taehyung hit Jungkook with his pillow and tried to go back to sleep. Jungkook chuckled and soon followed Taehyung to sleep.

The next few days were consistently the hardest days in Taehyung's life. He's never dealt with something like this before. Jungkook kept confessing to him every morning and every night. And it wasn't like Taehyung didn't like the younger, he was for one, really cute. But he was afraid, his life was extremely tumultuous, not exactly fit for a relationship.

"Okay."

Jungkook's eyes widened in suprise. Did Taehyung just become his boyfriend?

"For real?" He asked in disbelief.

"What you don't like me anymore?" Taehyung retorted.

"Of course not baby. I'm just so happy." Jungkook engulfed Taehyung in a warm hug that lasted for a few minutes. He was on cloud nine. A few days passed by since their relationship started. Nothing signficant had changed. Their daily routine remained the same, just that they had now officially named their relationship. It had just added to the meaning of it all.

Taehyung was still a little unsure though. He was getting impatient with each passing day and at this point it was pretty clear that the HQ had abandoned him by the lack of response. He had to come up with his own plan of escape then. He had already been in this prison for a few months and even though he had met Jungkook here, he had to get out.

His parents were probably plotting something behind his back again. They were never satisfied. Not until they kill Taehyung.

His family's trade secret was one involved in blood. Every third child is born to be a sacrifice. An experiment. Taehyung was that experiment for them. As long as he was alive, the experiment continued. That's exactly the reason why he was in war zones since he was little.

The prison life was actually very peaceful with a routine and he didn't hate it but he was afraid of the Kim monsters. He needed to do something about them first.

That very day, he saw Jungkook get into another fight with several inmates and this time also he was reluctant to join and help. His hands were tied. In his inner conflict, he noticed an inmate coming towards him with a punch. He could avoid it but that would be suspicious so he let it be. A little while later, he remembered fainting. He wasn't careful enough and it probably hit a vital point. He knew he was not going to die though.

The next time he opened his eyes he noticed he was in a hospital and Jungkook was beside him. Jungkook noticed his movement and smiled warmly at the older.

"Baby, we are getting out."