18 - Guilt

Rindou felt his heartbeat go faster and his hands turn cold after the call. He had been so close to telling Sanzu what happened, so close to ruining what he just got.

The guilt has been almost too much for him and he was about to confess to someone who's probably too drunk to even remember the call. Still, it would have changed something.

Realizing that he's only a couple of feet away from the bathroom, he turns his head to the door that was slightly ajar. Hesitantly, he slowly walked towards it and opened it wide. Seeing as there was no sign of someone being there, he sighed in relief.

You had retreated to Ichigo's room by the time Rindou snapped out of his thoughts and now you were drowning yourself in questions that you could not answer on your own. The panic and the guilt in Rindou's voice had been too noticeable that it had sent a hundred questions inside your head.

If only the call didn't end at such a short amount of time.

A week has already passed and you have been itching to contact Sanzu but a part of you was too scared to know the truth. There was a huge chance that Rindou might have done the same thing as Sanzu but his brother just covered up for him or something. You didn't want to investigate and hurt yourself even more.

But at the same time, you craved for the truth.

Although Rindou was naturally sweet towards you even before, now you can't help but think it's because he's done something wrong behind your back just because of what you heard. You often overthink a lot of things and this was no different.

"Did you get that?"

You snap back into reality and looked at your manager. "I'm sorry. Could you repeat that for me, please?"

Your manager sighs but nevertheless, she repeats telling you that you were invited to attend one of the biggest fashion events this year and the ones who were sponsoring the event wanted you to walk on the runway for them, featuring the designs of the most popular designer this season.

"Should I go?" You ask your manager excitedly and she almost laughs at your reaction.

"Of course, you should!" She tells you.

You were ecstatic that at least one thing in your life is doing good so far apart from you raising Ichigo. Mitsuya's the first one you called and since you could bring one other person with you, you figured you should bring him.

"You're not just joking with me, are you?" Mitsuya asks in disbelief. "Please, tell me you're not joking."

"I'm not joking, you idiot!" You exclaim, taking ahold of his hands and jumping up and down in excitement.

For a moment, Mitsuya breaks his cool demeanor and joins you in squealing while jumping up and down. He even went as far as to twirl you around.

"I gotta get home and start packing my stuff." Mitsuya says in an airy tone, still in disbelief that he could attend such an important event.

Rindou was happy for you when you told him but he was a bit upset when he found out that he wasn't the first person you told so now you're trying to get his attention by being unusually sweet.