10 - Little Kid

"This is definitely not what I had in mind."

Sanzu sighs and smiles lazily at the back of your head as you lead him further into the amusement park.

"You're in Disneyland with me of all people, what more could you fucking ask for?" You roll your eyes at what he said and turned around to face him.

Sanzu grins at you, takes one of your hand and brought it up to his lips to kiss it. "This is the best reward, thank you."

You roll your eyes again and turned around just so he wouldn't see you smiling. Since it was only about six in the evening, you two had four hours to try as many rides as possible.

"Wait, I forgot my camera in your car." You said in realization. "I'm just gonna go get it!"

Sanzu tried to stop you but you already ran away. He didn't know why you couldn't have just used your phone if you wanted to take photos but he doesn't want to spoil your mood so he took note not to ask you about it.

Since there was no point in waiting for you inside, Sanzu started walking to the exit to meet you outside. He didn't feel comfortable at the thought of you walking alone in such a place since he knew there are a lot of creeps despite it being Disneyland.

At the sight of you carrying a child, he stopped in his tracks and blinked his eyes profusely to see if he had mistaken someone else for you. But he didn't.

You had found the child surrounded by older kids that were bullying him into stealing something from cars in the parking lot. At the sound of your voice, the older kids ran away so you didn't see their faces.

The child who looked to be about around four or five years old kept crying with angry, glaring eyes. You approached him carefully, not wanting to scare him. His clothes were a little dirty and he looked like he needed a good bath.

Upon a closer look, you notice his soft lilac eyes and start thinking that there might be something wrong with them. You were not an expert in the medical field but you knew that he was on the verge of growing blind. His messy lilac hair that matched his eyes framed his little face as he desperately tried to wipe his tears away as if he hated them.

"Hi, baby...where are your parents?" You spoke softly, hoping the child won't think you're a creepy lady or something.

"I don't know. Don't ask me about them." He immediately responded in a gruff way. "And don't call me baby, I'm not a baby. I'm six!"

You smile a little and laughed inside your head. He talked like an old person too. Life must have been rough on him for him to be this way.

"Well, what's your name? Do you have a home?" You continue to ask him questions since he responded to the first one.

"People call me boy." The child mumbled, a frown pulling on his lips. "I don't have a home, I ran away from the people who adopted me."

"You ran away?" You feel your stomach start to churn, thinking of the worst possible cases why a child would run away.

"They're bad people." The child grits his teeth in anger and balls up his fists. "They just adopt children for their dirty business."

"What do you mean by dirty business?" You inquired.

The little boy gasped at the sight of something behind you. You felt the fear in his gasp so you quickly turned around only to face a creepy old guy with a creepy smile.