6 - What Friends Do

Rindou took you to dinner at an exclusive restaurant one of his colleagues ran. He wasn't quite convinced about you only being friends with Sanzu but he never brought up the name again.

Just like back then, Rindou still had this air of sophistication and superiority around him much like his brother, Ran. Although he's still the same Rindou you knew back then, you still felt a bit nervous around him.

The two of you have been talking about—well, it's more like you're talking while he listens silently about what your life has been all these years. Though you asked him about what life has been for him as well, pretending that you had no idea about Bonten and everything.

Rindou spared you the hideous details of his work and only tells you what he thinks you should know. You were enjoying your time with him, his calm demeanor making you more comfortable by the minute. He was so unlike his brother who sometimes gave you the creeps though Ran wasn't actually all that bad.

Being the gentleman he is, Rindou declared to drive you home. The restaurant was far from your place so you two had quite some time to burn before arriving where you lived.

Rindou places a hand on you knee to get your attention, seeing as you looked like you were spaced out. When you turned to face him, he chuckles and starts tracking circles on your skin.

"Did you have fun tonight?" He asks, glancing at you before turning his attention back to the front.

"Yes, I did. Thank you for taking me to dinner, Rin." You gave him a soft smile to which he returns.

"I want to spend more time with you again. It's been boring without you here all these years, you know?" He huffs out a small laugh. "I missed listening to you rant about everything that inconvenienced you."

"You always said that you didn't care, though." You pointed out with a raised eyebrow.

"I meant like I couldn't care any less about them but I always cared about you."

This shut you up really quick and the only thing you did was stare at him. He glances at you, smirks, and shakes his head at your reaction. Could he blame you? It's not every day that a guy like Rindou would say they cared about someone other than himself and his brother.

The light tap he gave you on your thigh made you snap out of your thoughts. He chuckles at you before leaning over to give you a quick kiss on the lips. You were stunned, not expecting him to do that at all. And to think that he's driving!

Sure, the streets were practically empty but getting into an accident is still a possibility.

"Rin! Why did you kiss me?!" You ask, slapping the side of his bicep.

"Because that's what friends do?" He answered like he was asking a question before laughing.

"No. Friends do not kiss each other, Rin." You sigh, shaking your head at him and crossing your arms against your chest.

"Well, that's kind of funny." He chuckles dryly. "You told me you and Sanzu were friends but you let him kiss you. We're friends too, aren't we?"

"Why do you sound like you're—"

"Jealous? That's because I am, sweetheart."

You stare at the side of his face, noticing him clenching his jaw and glaring at the road in front of him. Now, this is the kind of Rindou that you were used to seeing. Not the always smiling softly Rindou.

"Well, you could've just asked if you wanted to kiss me? I don't even want to know how you knew about Sanzu kissing me but he was high and he probably didn't know what he was doing."

Rindou pulled the car over to the side of the street and turned to you, cupping your cheeks. "I'm sorry for not asking you first...and I'm sorry for getting jealous when I don't even have the right."

"I forgive you, Rin." You smile at him, patting his head. "Next time don't kiss a girl without her permission, okay?"

Rindou nodded and you noticed how his eyes flickered to your lips. You knew what was going to come out of his mouth and so you had to say something before he does.

"Now, can you please take me home? I really want to sleep." You pouted a little, making him chuckle.

"Alright, sweetheart." He whispers, nuzzling his nose with yours before leaning away and settling back down on his seat.

You let out a sigh in relief and relaxed. It'll take some time to get to your place and so you just settled in your seat. Your eyelids were getting heavier by the minute and you couldn't help but close your eyes.

After what felt like hours, you felt being carried and you fluttered your eyes open to see Rin. He was carrying you bridal style with your apartment keys in  between his teeth. Hopefully, he had sanitized them before putting them in his mouth like that.

"Sorry, did I wake you?" He asks in great difficulty since he had something in his mouth.

"You shouldn't have bothered to carry me, you should have woke me up instead." You mutter, feeling your eyelids slowly drop again.

"Just sleep, I'll take you to your room."

That was the last thing you remember and when you woke up in the next morning, you look down at your clothes and your room. You were still in the same clothes as yesterday so you took a quick shower and got changed.

Walking out of the room, you hear sizzling coming from your kitchen and you walk in to see a shirtless Haitani Rindou cooking breakfast. His tattoo captivated you and you didn't even notice you were so close to him already until he hissed when you traced his tattoo.

Rindou turns around to face you and chuckles. "Had a good dream?"

"I don't even remember my dreams." You huff out a laugh. "What's for breakfast?"

"Me." He winks playfully at you and you responded by rolling your eyes and slapping his cheek gently.

"At least put some shirt on, will you?" You say before you prepared the table.

"Why? Am I distracting you with my hotness?"

"Yeah, sure. Whatever you say, Rin."

Soon enough, breakfast was done and now you two were in the living room, watching Spirited Away. He insisted that you two made a blanket fort for setting the mood right. Back then, you always asked him to do this whenever Sanzu ignores you for days. Rindou would comfort you by doing all the things you wanted him to do including watching movies with you even though he claimed to not like Ghibli movies.

Rin had his head laid on your shoulder as you stared at the screen, watching the movie intently. A few minutes later, you feel him nuzzle his face to your neck and you glance at him briefly to see that he was sleeping peacefully.

When the movie ended, you turn the tv off and shifted so that you were laying on your back. Rin shuffles closer to you in his sleep, wrapping an arm around you and pressing his face to your neck.

You sigh and closed your eyes as well, feeling sleepy. Rin's body was warm and surprisingly comfortable to hug despite his built. It actually felt so good to be laying with him like this that you never wanted him to leave.

But...

Sanzu...