Chapter 23

"Hello?" I mumbled into the phone, pushing my hair away from my face as I sat up in my bed. I was completely and utterly knackered, from not only dealing with my asshole of a father, but fighting the assassins as well. After Peter had left Stiles called me and asked me to head over to where Scott was hiding Satomi's pack from the assassins after them.

I had gotten there just in time to save a young girl named Lori from getting shot right between the eyes. Sadly, it ended up lodged in my shoulder and caused a hell of a lot of pain for me. I got home at midnight and passed out. Now, it's two in the morning and I'm getting a phone call from Liam.

"Uh, hey."

"Liam, not that I don't adore talking to you, but you do realize it's two in the morning, right?"

"Yeah, I know, and you should be sleeping, and so should I. Mason left awhile ago and I'm alone with my thoughts and I'm freaking out and I wanted to call Scott but he's dealing with his mom and-"

"Woah," I cut Liam off from his ranting, sensing the nervousness and fear in his voice. "Liam, dude, calm down."

I heard him exhale through the phone, hesitating a few seconds before speaking again. "Do you think you can come over and sleep here? I can sleep on the couch in my room and you can take my bed, I mean, I know it's a weird thing to ask but-"

"I'm on my way, I'll come in through your window so your parents don't hear or see me."

<^_^< >^_^>

"Hey there, blondie." I commented in a whisper, slipping in through his window. He gave me a small smile, quietly closing it after I entered. I plopped down on his bed, looking up at him as he remained standing.

"So, what's going on with you?"

He crossed his arms, eyes casting to the floor. I swear, sometimes he just reminds me of a puppy and I just wanna squeeze him into a hug and never let go.

"Nothing's wrong, I'm fine. Just thought we could... bond."

I gave him an unconvinced look. "I don't even need to listen to your heartbeat to know you're lying. You did not wake me up at two in the morning and ask me to come to your house in the rain, to bond."

He remained still for a few seconds before he let out a sigh, moving over to sit next to me on the bed. "I just- ever since that night at the hospital, where I fought the Berserkers on the roof I've been freaking out. I can't sleep, I can't eat, I'm imagining them not only when I'm alone but at school, I don't know what to do. I'm terrified of them, and I know I sound childish, but I just can't help it."

I gave him a small, reassuring smile before moving closer to him. I wrapped my arm around his shoulders, taking his arm and wrapping it around my waist. "I've been there, remember when we told you about the Darach and how she took Scott's mom and Stiles' and Allison's dads for her sacrafices? When I helped them go under the water and everything and it opened the Nephalem part of me, the same thing happened to me. I had endless nightmares and I was imagining things that has never happened to me before. I'd see these dark shadows of black nothing, except they were these men. They'd chase me where ever I went, attacking me and even my friends and family. I couldn't do anything, they were untouchable. They could hurt me and my loved ones, but I couldn't lay a hand on them. It was the worst time of my life, never ending nightmares when I was awake and asleep."