9

Olivia's POV

"Married?" Cragen asked, as the rest of the crew stared at me. I smiled and nodded as I leaned back against my chair.

"Yup. The courthouse was busier than expected, but I'm back now and will stay later to make up for the time I was gone." I replied, before logging back into my computer. Everyone was still shocked, and even if I was so excited to be married to Rafael and for what may come in the future, I didn't want to make a big deal about it.

"Who did you get married to?!" Amanda exclaimed.

"Rafael." I spoke plainly.

"Olivia." Cragen breathed, and I sighed as I turned to look at him.

"Yes, sir?"

"My office, now."

I followed Cragen into his office and sat down after he shut the door.

"So, what's up?" I asked nervously. 

"Olivia, tell me why you married Rafael."

"Because I love him."

"Do you really love him, or was it just for fun?" Cragen replied.

"I honestly have feelings for him. We both were ready for the commitment, and who better to spend my life with then Barba?"

"Have you disclosed?" Cragen sighed, and I shook my head.

"No, we haven't, sir. Rafael is prepared to be moved to a different squad, because our marriage is more important than our jobs."

Cragen let out a weak sigh, as he scrubbed his hand down his face.

"There is going to be lots of paperwork, and probably some sort of punishment for withholding this information. Are you prepared for that? Or do you want to get this annulled?" Cragen mused.

"I'm not getting this annulled, Don. I plan on growing old with Rafael, even if that means we don't get to work together anymore."

///

Rafael's POV

Olivia and I's wedding was small and quiet, but I enjoyed every second of it. I have always been a planner, so getting married on a whim wasn't exactly something that I had planned. But hell, I was so glad I did that.

"We have something to do." Olivia sighed as she came into my office after her shift.

"Hello to you too, Mrs. Barba." I laughed.

"I was informed that we must disclose our relationship... like now. So I brought over the relationship paperwork and we gotta fill this out and submit it to both of our bosses." Olivia grumbled.

I stood up slowly before walking to my wife. I wrapped my arms around her waist, before placing a soft kiss to her lips.

"Paperwork is completely worth it, babe." I smiled softly. She nodded weakly, before resting her head against my shoulder.

"This isn't how I expected to spend our first night as a married couple."

Olivia and I ate dinner together and then started on our disclosure. Once we were done, we dropped one set off with my boss' assistant before leaving one at Olivia's station house.

We went home afterwards, and Olivia laid in bed beside me.

"One of us is going to have to move." She yawned as she ran her hand over my chest.

"That would probably be wise."

"And we should tell your mother and Abuela." Olivia spoke.

I closed my eyes tightly and shook my head.

"I don't think so, Liv."

"Huh?" Olivia asked.

"I really don't want to tell them right now, love. They are going to go crazy and I don't think they will like me. Especially since we got married without them being there, and without letting them plan it all out." I replied weakly.

Olivia sat up slowly before leaning in and kissing me.

"Maybe this will make them happy, Rafa. They know that you are married now, and maybe in a few years they will have a grandbaby to spoil." Olivia smiled, but even that smile didn't make me feel any better.

I wanted to be back in my mother and grandmother's good graces, but they hated me right now. They were disappointed and hurt by what I did, and I hated that. So I was worried that if I announce my marriage to them, it will make everything worse.

"I don't want to do that now, Liv. Maybe in a few weeks, once we get settled into married life. Okay?"

"Okay." Olivia replied, but she sounded so unsure.

///

Olivia and I got to spend our first weekend together as a married couple. We spent most of our time getting to know each other at a deeper level, while also deciding who would move. By the time Monday came around, Olivia and I weren't ready to go back to work. But after work we were going to celebrate her birthday and hopefully both have jobs when we met for dinner.

"Barba!" DA McCoy yelled, when he saw me walking from the elevator and towards my office. It was still early, and I jumped as I spotted him.

"Sir-"

"I just received these papers, Rafael. It looks like you are married now?" He huffed, and I nodded.

"Yes, sir. My wife and I just got married on Friday." I said with a smile, even though I knew he wasn't happy.

"And your wife is a detective." He sighed.

"Y-yes, sir. Detective Olivia Benson with my unit." I replied nervously.

Jack McCoy stood there and stared me down for several long moments. I almost wanted to apologize, but I didn't. I just stood there and wait for him to tell me what was happening.

"I should have been notified of this relationship the moment it started. You can't be dating a co-worker."

"Sir, this relationship started last week..."

"Last week? You started to date Detective Benson last week and decided to get married to her that same week?" He asked, shocked.

"Yeah, it's kinda complicated-"

"Did you knock her up?" He asked rapidly.

"No! I didn't, sir! I am sorry for not disclosing sooner, and Olivia and I already discussed me getting a new placement, since I'm newer. She has been with Manhattan Sex Crimes for years, and I don't want her to be displaced because everything happened so fast. I apologize-" I would have probably rambled for several more minutes, but Jack stopped me.

"Enough, Barba. You and Cabot will be switching squads. You can be narcotics and Cabot can be SVU again. But never lie to me again, do you understand?" He warned and I nodded.

"Yes, sir."